• Help
Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By Andrew Watkins
  • 1 Post By Andrew Watkins

Thread: Thanks to all and part needed

Fellow Frogger!

Default Thanks to all and part needed

Hi all

I managed to deceive the registration authorities today , so Reg ('60 4CV ) is now fully registered, with his original number.

Many thanks to all who have helped with parts, modifications and advice/perspective. AF is a very good forum, partly for the knowledge available, but also for the generosity shown by just about everybody, whether with parts, knowledge or machining/servicing. Telling yer average mechanic that it is a '60 4CV is like telling them it is from Mars, so the forum has been incredibly valuable, providing many ways around the 'they don't make them like that any more " barrier.

He is still nothing if not scruffy, looking as if recently awoken, distinctly hungover , from a 50 year sleep, but drives very nicely and does things well ( focus to date has been on getting mechanicals safe and up to speed )

THe speedo decided that today was a good day to die - odometer works, cable OK but no speed reading. Has presumably spat a gear or committed some other internal mischief on waking from slumber.

Am looking for a replacement, whether total or to see me through while I get mine re-done properly - this is my preferred option, as car has only done 23000 miles in his life, so would like to keep the original speedo ultimately

Does anybody have one lying around surplus to requirements?

Thanks agin to all for the help provided

Best Wishes

Advertisement

Andrew Watkins

Thanks to all and part needed-img_0376.jpg
    Shoji, geckoeng, JoBo and 2 others like this.

Does the quick-steer work Andrew ???

Ray
    Ray geckoeng

Think Old, But Run Modern !!

Fellow Frogger!

Dear Ray

Haven't had him sideways yet, so not fully sure , but steering works well. Am learning to steer by finger tips, yesterday being my first ever drive of an RER, as well as his first day on the road since 1969.

Still need to attend to tyre pressures, which are going to need fine-tuning.

Many thanks for all of your help and advice

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by geckoeng View Post
    Does the quick-steer work Andrew ???

Ray
    JohnW likes this.

Thread Information