Renault 2018 Captur 1.2 turbo DCT.
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree8Likes
  • 8 Post By tazfrog

Thread: Renault 2018 Captur 1.2 turbo DCT.

Default Renault 2018 Captur 1.2 turbo DCT.

Greetings,
    We've had our brand new Captur for three months now and it runs
    very well indeed.
    Well finished, comfortable and has surprisingly nippy performance
    for a 1.2 ltr turbo unit.
    I was a bit dubious at first about the Dual Clutch 6 speed trans but
    once you understand it and use it accordingly performs well with
    nearly imperceptible gear changes unless you're giving it the berries.

Advertisement

The only problem we've experienced so far is with the left hand door mirror.
    It will traverse in-out but will not elevate up-down.
    A trip to Launceston 160klm to our east has found the problem to be
    in th drivers door switch pack which will be replaced under warranty after
    ordering from Sydney.
    A small glitch in an otherwise fine car and very suitable replacement for
    our long serving Peugeot 307 XSE 2.0 ltr auto which we had for 15 years
    and 186,000klm.
    That car has ben handed on to my youngest daughter for a new life.
    Sunroof, jaahn, David M and 5 others like this.
    Cheers from Tazfrog
    2003 307 XSEA EW10J4 2.0 ltr petrol AL4
    China Blue.
    2018 Renault Captur 1.2 Turbo Orange/Black

1000+ Posts

Hi Tasfrog
    Glad to hear you are happy with your Captur. I am happy with mine with a couple of reservations. We have done about 14000 Ks(+6000) now, hell we must be driving more that we were
    The reservations are to do with the poor ride quality. Choppy and rough on poor suburban roads. Indeed I have removed the low profile tires and wheels and replaced them with 195/65r15 tires and mags. Still not acceptable really. What happened to the good French car ride. Other wise the power is good, and the economy too. The access to the seats is good too for oldies. Easy to handle ! The small power-on lag is a nuisance but liveable. Not sure why it is there ?
    The rear seat permutations have been handy for carrying a few items, a new dishwasher for example, and the rear seat is a generous size for adults if needed, 4 adults are no problem.
    Jaahn
    Last edited by jaahn; 6th October 2018 at 01:03 PM.

Icon10

Quote Originally Posted by jaahn View Post
    Hi Tasfrog
    Glad to hear you are happy with your Captur. I am happy with mine with a couple of reservations. We have done about 14000 Ks(+6000) now, hell we must be driving more that we were
    The reservations are to do with the poor ride quality. Choppy and rough on poor suburban roads. Indeed I have removed the low profile tires and wheels and replaced them with 195/65r15 tires and mags. Still not acceptable really. What happened to the good French car ride. Other wise the power is good, and the economy too. The access to the seats is good too for oldies. Easy to handle ! The small power-on lag is a nuisance but liveable. Not sure why it is there ?
    The rear seat permutations have been handy for carrying a few items, a new dishwasher for example, and the rear seat is a generous size for adults if needed, 4 adults are no problem.
    Jaahn

Hello Jaahn....interesting your comments on the Captur.
    I find the ride more than acceptable for the type of vehicle.
    One thing we did find when it was delivered the tyre pressure were set at 48 psi
    And I reckon this would have been 'transport' pressures that had not been adjusted
    tot he correct pressures of 34 psi.

If you think the Captur's ride is harsh you obviously haven't driven an early Peugeot 307!
    The later 307's had there suspension settings re-calibrated for a little more compliance
    but were still on the rather sporty side....especially for Tasmanian roads ;o))

You will get a tiny amount of turbo lag when you shove the boot in but that is only to be
    expected and is an inherent feature in any turbo application no matter how much
    electronic whizzbangery is attached to try and mask it.
    For a 1.2 ltr engine they certainly punch above their weight I reckon and yes, fuel economy
    is good although not outstanding....we normally record around 6.5ltr/100klm on a run of
    say 350klm.
    Urban use sees around 8.5ltr/100
    Renne has only 3500klm so far....so, you're alittle bit ahead of us ;o)

As for that bloody useless Eco switch....should be banned!!
    Another point....these are a direct injected engine and these do not like cheap fuel!
    Use 95Ron as they are a high compression engine.
    Being direct injected means the injectors sporay directly intot he cylinders and not the inlet tract
    like normal designs.
    Subaru for one have had problems with this which is usually down to owners habits of slugging
    the engine and use of cheap ethanol laced fuel.....the devil's brew!!
    We have found that there is not quite the same interior space in the Captur as there is in 'Peppi'
    our 307 but still good for the class compared to Hyundai i30, Mazda CX3 and Honda SRV.

Good value for money and features is the Mitsubishi ASX....but they are like backsides
    around here ;o)=)
    We are still trying to work out where Renne the Captur was made....it's either France, Spain
    or Malaysia.
    One clue is the Nissan battery with Spanish writing on it....so, at a guess I would go for Spain ;o)

My wife finds the reversing camera and sensors a boon....but we have yet to venture into using
    the GPS....we're not really tecjh savvy on that respect....we don't even have a smart phone ;o)=)

We have owned Peppi from new and 15 years down the track is performing well.
    I wonder if Renne will be as good in 15 years.....hell, I'll be 85! ;o)=)

I see Renault are introducing an update model of the Captur and also intend to introduce another
    model that slots between the Captur and Koleos....is the Australian market big enough
    for such things?
    Last edited by tazfrog; 6th October 2018 at 02:03 PM.
    Cheers from Tazfrog
    2003 307 XSEA EW10J4 2.0 ltr petrol AL4
    China Blue.
    2018 Renault Captur 1.2 Turbo Orange/Black

Thread Information