Traffic vans: reviews, assessments sought
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By seasink
  • 1 Post By sfrawley

Thread: Traffic vans: reviews, assessments sought

Default Traffic vans: reviews, assessments sought

I'm posting this on behalf of a friend who is thinking of buying a Traffic, most probably second hand. I would;d appreciate any reviews and comments from current or past owners, including comparisons with competitor vehicles. Alternately, if anyone knows where I can find good/useful reviews that would be helpful as well. Thank you!

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

They regularly get 5 star reviews. Spell as Renault Trafic and you'll get lots.
    Kim Luck likes this.

Ah, yes: thanks seasick. Traffic. Do you know where I might find any used vehicle reviews of them?

Default Trafic reviews

I'll never get anywhere if I can't spell eh?! Seasink, my apologies, It's this self-correcting crap. Maybe it thinks you get seasick if you're locked in the back of a Trafic in traffic

Car advice is usually a reasonably okay reviewer.

But if you google search on Renault Trafic Reviews you should pull up quite a few.
    "I cannot help but notice that there is no problem between us that cannot be solved by your departure. Mark Twain"

1000+ Posts

How much used? There is a UK review of pre-2014 vans at https://vans.honestjohn.co.uk/used-v...fic-2001-2014/ with comments on alleged weak points. Newer vehicles are well covered on Australian sites. They are very roomy beasts for delivery work.

PS A review from a less-read Aus commercial vehicle site is at https://www.tradetrucks.com.au/van-r...fic-van-review
    Last edited by seasink; 24th September 2018 at 08:54 AM.

1000+ Posts

Hi Ken
    I usually ask any drivers of vans, I come across of any type as I am looking for the perfect motor home base ???
    The Renault Trafic owner drivers I have spoken too have been positive about them. Small sample ! But usually very happy if they had a Ford previously
    Jaahn
    PS I turn off that auto suggestion crap if possible as it make my poor spelling worse !

1000+ Posts

I am no guru on these however i have been told by a few owners to buy as latest model as you can afford [goes for the Ford Transit too ]
    There has been some problems with the module thingie near the gearbox. He got a quote from Reno....$3000+ ....so he went via UK parts...$1600 fitted.
    jr20516v

Now:
    Exige SC [modded], 205 Si. 205 GTi , Megane R26 LY , Megane 225 [modded ]

Previous: Honda EP3 Supercharged , 205 x34 [ including MI16 TURBO, 8v TURBO, CTI, 16V+TB's, 8V+TB's,] Fiat X1-9 X3, Beta coupes x5, Lancia Gamma coupe, GTI-R, Corvette C4, Fiero x5, Alpine GTA turbo, r5 GTT Dimma, 2cv ripple nose, Lotus Elise, 205 Dimma TT, Cliosport 172.x2, Clio rs 200

I'm not a guru either, but due diligence before purchase should ensure you don't buy a $3K gearbox problem......
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

I have driven a few and they are very car-like to drive, reminiscent of driving a Clio2. Early ones (dci 100) have a normal gearbox/clutch instead of the electronic +/- clutch (but only available with two seats).

Sent from my iPhone using aussiefrogs

1000+ Posts

I sat in one at the grand display and didn’t like the inability to stretch out the left foot...really quite cramped for my liking. Would get tiring on a long journey. The Kangoo Maxi felt better to sit in.

Quote Originally Posted by jaahn View Post
    Hi Ken
    I usually ask any drivers of vans, I come across of any type as I am looking for the perfect motor home base ???
    Jaahn, I have previously looked also for motorhome base (for me - larger the better).

I suppose you have checked the Renault Master range for the larger vehicles. The Long and Extra-long wheelbases have RWD with higher load capacities (Long w/b optional FWD or RWD, Extra-long RWD is standard).
    I may be wrong, but RWD layout possibly more functional, reliable, easier repaired for us old guys? Not sure about floor height difference, if any.

Cheers.
    2004 Scenic I 2.0 auto (Hers)
    2016 Ford Territory (His)
    2004 WRX (Sunday car)

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fordman View Post
    Jaahn, I have previously looked also for motorhome base (for me - larger the better).
    I suppose you have checked the Renault Master range for the larger vehicles. The Long and Extra-long wheelbases have RWD with higher load capacities (Long w/b optional FWD or RWD, Extra-long RWD is standard).
    I may be wrong, but RWD layout possibly more functional, reliable, easier repaired for us old guys? Not sure about floor height difference, if any.
    Cheers.
    Hi Fordman
    Yes It would be a ELWB Master with RWD for me too. FWD is crap for a MH when there is no sealed road under the tires. Which we like to do a bit. Hmm-- my FWD car is a bit crap too when the weather is wet or the ground is muddy or --- lots of times actually
    I have spoken to a few Master owners too and they seem to be happy.
    I have a Mercedes Sprinter ELWB ex-bus RWD and it is OK for what we do. But it is 17 years old and the body is not as good a quality as I had hoped so some time I will have to move on. Just looking, asking, looking !
    Jaahn

Huh
    Quote Originally Posted by jaahn View Post
    Hi Fordman
    Yes It would be a ELWB Master with RWD for me too. FWD is crap for a MH when there is no sealed road under the tires. Which we like to do a bit. Hmm-- my FWD car is a bit crap too when the weather is wet or the ground is muddy or --- lots of times actually
    I have spoken to a few Master owners too and they seem to be happy.
    I have a Mercedes Sprinter ELWB ex-bus RWD and it is OK for what we do. But it is 17 years old and the body is not as good a quality as I had hoped so some time I will have to move on. Just looking, asking, looking !
    Jaahn
    I have had a 2016 Master rwd MH for almost two years/25,000kms. I cannot comment on the traction as we have never been in a slippery situation but have had no problems with the vehicle in that time (unlike a lot of Fiat owners).
    jaahn likes this.
    Stephen
    '03 P406 HDI
    '16 Renault Master

Thread Information