Megane Rear windows not working
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Megane Rear windows not working

Hi Guys,

Advertisement

I have a 2012 Renault megane 3 and both rear windows won't open from the rear switches, I can open then from the front driver panel switches but not the back ones.
    I already tried locking and unlock the Child safety lock, so its not hat, and checked the fuses located under the glove box 10 & 11 (Rear electric windows) and both fuses looks good !?
    so I don't know what I should be looking next? is there other fuses that I should be checking or an option in Setting ..etc? both rear windows switches aren't working so I don't think that the problem are the back switch because the both suddenly stopped at the same time?
    any clues please?

thanks

COL

Can you hear the child lock motors operating when you activate the child lock switch?

also when the child lock is off can you open the rear doors from inside?

Not sure what the issue is but confirming these items above may point to your problem.
    Regards Col

1973 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1976 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

http://alpine-a110.weebly.com/

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by COL View Post
    Can you hear the child lock motors operating when you activate the child lock switch?

also when the child lock is off can you open the rear doors from inside?

Not sure what the issue is but confirming these items above may point to your problem.

Yes I can hear the child lock operating and also hear the noise in the back (like, TOK,TOK)
    and Yes I can open the doors

thanks

It's possible that a connector has come undone somewhere in the circuit. If the C/Proof lock switch makes no difference it is likely that is an area you should look at first.
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

There should be a master switch that turns off the doors switches (ostensibly to stop children playing with the windows).
    This turns off the power to the doors switches.
    If both doors stopped together than it's possible the master switch is the place to look.
    "I cannot help but notice that there is no problem between us that cannot be solved by your departure. Mark Twain"

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by REN TIN TIN View Post
    There should be a master switch that turns off the doors switches (ostensibly to stop children playing with the windows).
    This turns off the power to the doors switches.
    If both doors stopped together than it's possible the master switch is the place to look.

I changed the master switch and still the same !?

Thread Information