Renault Fuego timing
  • Register
  • Help

Default Renault Fuego timing

Has anyone worked out a way to adjust the timing on a Fuego. My sons is running very poorly with all the signs pointing to ignition timing. I changed the gearbox. The one I installed in his car is out of a very early model and his is a late one with power steering. I suspect the mounting for the top deed centre pick up is slightly different.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I have an 18 year old P plater itching to drive his car but at the moment it is not safe for a new driver.
    Thanks
    Peter.

Advertisement

You can move the tdc sensor as much as you want but it won’t make a profound difference.
    Bad running is 99.9% likely to be the crapy carby or the octopus that is connected to it.
    You can time the dizzy by sight. It will need to be way out of sync to be wrong.
    On a non powered steering engine it cant be set wrong but on a lower dizzi version you could get it wrong.

Thanks Jo. It's not running the original Darby. It has been converted to a none emission Corby. The dizzy is mounted down low on the block and does not adjust. The problem only appears to happen after change of gearbox so something has happened in the process of removing the engine and changing the gearbox. Maybe a wiring issue?

Fellow Frogger!

Running poorly how?

Edited my previous post…now in front of a computer not a phone.

During the gearbox swap did you in any way touch any components of the ignition apart from the TDC sensor???

Jo
    Last edited by jo proffi; 28th July 2018 at 01:42 PM.

Thread Information