Renault 17tl camshaft data - Page 2
  • Register
  • Help
Page 2 of 2 First 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Renault 17tl camshaft data

Bigger inlet valves will make more improvement than small changes in angles.
    Need to get that mixture in

Advertisement

This is the profile and they can copy or make it milder, depending on what you want.

Frans.
    Old enough to know better
    Young enough to do it anyway.

Tadpole

Thank you Frans!

I think I maybe have to clarify things here. I have a stock camshaft that i will regrind to a "race" profile. The workshop were after details about the stock camshaft and maximum values to calculate a new profile for the cam. It is the first time I have done this so I am sorry if I am causing some misunderstandings or if something is not right.

Tadpole

And writing in English does not make it easier for me.

I will run 42mm intake valves and stock exhaust valves.

Tadpole

Are there anyone here that have a recommendation on valve springs? I bought a set from Mecaparts, but these where not stiff enough apperently.

R8RX,
    Maybe it is language gap, but you and your cam grinder seem not to be able to decide a profile for your motor. Also different motors require different profiles to get the best out of them. So for an early Renault you go to people who have worked with those motors for a long time and use what they suggest.

I have been using Cat Cams of Belgium for a long time, as they made cams for rally and race for the early Renaults. They will also suggest matching components for the profile you choose. Here are the range of cams they can give you, all new steel billets, which are best for a all race motor, as you are using the maximum volume of profile you can fit in the block.

ENGINE SELECTION | CAT CAMS performance camshafts

You also say you are going to stay with a standard exhaust valve. On the 807 type motor this is not the best for performance, as the head has a large valve pocket, and you will not use this volume area to its best ability. A 2mm bigger valve will give better performance as you use more of the pocket, and you can refine the shape better.

But, it is your motor, and you know where you want to go with it.

Enjoy,
    Ray
    Sunroof, JohnW and Shoji like this.
    Ray geckoeng

Think Old, But Run Modern !!

Tadpole

The profile is in order. And the camshaft is finished. So no problem there. The problem now is the valve springs because the cam grinder had tested the ones i had bought and recommended me to get a set of better springs. He could provide me of a set of his springs, so I am going for his springs if there aren't any other springs avaible.

Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread Information