175/70-13 yet again
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 4cvg

Thread: 175/70-13 yet again

1000+ Posts

Default 175/70-13 yet again

Recently I was pleased to note that Continental had reinstated 175/70-13 as an available size in the wet-grippy EcoContact3 tyre.

In my judgement, this is the best available size for a range of R12 & R12-derived vehicles & the EC3 is the pick of what is available.

But the bad news is that Continental's Australian web-site no longer lists this size. No doubt remnant stocks are out there & they would be still "in date". If I had an R12/15/17, I'd take advantage of the "$50-off" current deal for a set of 4 (resulting in around $350 for 4) & nab some.

cheers! Peter

Advertisement
    Brianbcs likes this.

1000+ Posts

Small update on this: I had cause to be talking to my local Bob Jane franchise owner about stocks of a particular Conti tyre (the Australian inventory can now be interrogated by Bob Jane stores) &, as a footnote to the conversation, asked about 175/70-13 EC3 stocks. The answer was 'more than 12' (no info available on precise numbers).

I judge this tyre to be the best available in the size for wet grip &, although not a crisp structure, it is easily tautened & tuned by tyre pressure changes & has a stable shoulder area. I used it on my last Virage wagon & have used it extensively on my rear-engined Renaults. I'd grab a set while they're still available if you think that you'll need new tyres in the next six months. After that, as it seems still to be a discontinued line, I'd have a conversation about manufacturing date before purchase.

cheers! Peter

Quote Originally Posted by 4cvg View Post
    Recently I was pleased to note that Continental had reinstated 175/70-13 as an available size in the wet-grippy EcoContact3 tyre.

In my judgement, this is the best available size for a range of R12 & R12-derived vehicles & the EC3 is the pick of what is available.

But the bad news is that Continental's Australian web-site no longer lists this size. No doubt remnant stocks are out there & they would be still "in date". If I had an R12/15/17, I'd take advantage of the "$50-off" current deal for a set of 4 (resulting in around $350 for 4) & nab some.

cheers! Peter
    So why do you think this information becomes available only when the product is not listed anymore?
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

1000+ Posts

I'm not sure of the question but:

Bob Jane has only recently had access to Continental's stock data in a direct way. This covers all Conti lines. Prior to this, the franchise would ring the Conti warehouse & find things out "manually". I could have asked earlier & the info would have been available via an (old practice) phone call or the (new) autoaccess.

But, not now using that size, I didn't bother & only asked as an aside to another query.

Thread Information