Modern Renault diagnostic tools ?
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Modern Renault diagnostic tools ?

1000+ Posts

Default Modern Renault diagnostic tools ?

Hi
    Who has a modern tool or has used one ? Any experiences, good or bad ?

Seems the traditional tool is a CLIP, hardware and software for the laptop. All run on Windows 32bit systems Version up to 170+. Not sure if the early ones can get updated or not. Tell me please about the ebay versions.

An alternative may be a Bluetooth 'dongle' with software for my laptop (or phone). They do run on modern up to date windows 10 ( or other !) Perhaps easier being wireless too. However will they do what they claim and adjust the program same as a dealer, or is that BS like a lot of scanners claim for French cars. Cheaper too.

I wish to look at my Captur and perhaps adjust the tire sensors or even turn them off. Dealer level probably but no one seems to actually know. Perhaps no other needs yet
    Jaahn

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by jaahn View Post
    Hi
    Who has a modern tool or has used one ? Any experiences, good or bad ?

Seems the traditional tool is a CLIP, hardware and software for the laptop. All run on Windows 32bit systems Version up to 170+. Not sure if the early ones can get updated or not. Tell me please about the ebay versions.

An alternative may be a Bluetooth 'dongle' with software for my laptop (or phone). They do run on modern up to date windows 10 ( or other !) Perhaps easier being wireless too. However will they do what they claim and adjust the program same as a dealer, or is that BS like a lot of scanners claim for French cars. Cheaper too.

I wish to look at my Captur and perhaps adjust the tire sensors or even turn them off. Dealer level probably but no one seems to actually know. Perhaps no other needs yet
    Jaahn
    We took the Megane in to have a look at what we thought was a faulty sender showing low pressure after checking tyre pressures manually but the workshop simply reset the system and the problem hasn't come back.
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Renault Dealers can connect cars direct to manufacturer to diagnose problems now.
    This can be Korea no less
    tazfrog likes this.

1000+ Posts

Hi
    Hmmm , I was hoping that someone who knew something about or had purchased some Reno tool would give me some information.
    While I am aware the dealer can do most things, I did not wish to do that.
    I guess I might buy one and see what it does. Has anyone bought anything ???????????????? or has everone here given up on their new cars.
    Jaahn

Quote Originally Posted by driven View Post
    Renault Dealers can connect cars direct to manufacturer to diagnose problems now.
    This can be Korea no less
    That could be an advantage...seeing the Koleos is half an Nissan X-trail
    Cheers from Tazfrog
    2003 307 XSEA EW10J4 2.0 ltr petrol AL4
    China Blue.
    2018 Renault Captur 1.2 Turbo Orange/Black

COL

I use one of these. I have been able to troubleshoot all of my problems so far with it on my Renault Laguna ii.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ICARSOFT...sAAOSwTM5Y0LY3
    jaahn, tazfrog and Berridale like this.
    Regards Col

1973 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1976 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1995 Renault Laguna V6
    2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

http://alpine-a110.weebly.com/

Quote Originally Posted by COL View Post
    I use one of these. I have been able to troubleshoot all of my problems so far with it on my Renault Laguna ii.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ICARSOFT...sAAOSwTM5Y0LY3
    That looks very similar to my Launch CReaderV1....I'll gaurentee it has the same electronics
    jaahn likes this.
    Cheers from Tazfrog
    China Blue.

1000+ Posts

Looking under the bonnet of my modern Renaults frightens me. I even get them serviced by the dealer. But admit to having a electronic test device for my Landrover. But then if you look under the bonnet it still looks like an engine with space around it to do stuff. Which I do. But it is 17 years old. The computer that controls the air bag suspension has died so a secondhand replacement will go back in. In the mean time the on board compressor still works with a battery if I need to change anything. Sorry I am really a one eyed Renault enthuisist. But need the Landrover to tow the tandem with my old Renaults on. Sorry won't mention LR again.
    tazfrog and JohnW like this.

...>>>>>. Sorry I am really a one eyed Renault enthuisist.
    But need the Landrover to tow the tandem with my old Renaults on.
    Sorry won't mention LR again.[/QUOTE]

Hahahaaa....we all have our cross to bear
    Berridale likes this.
    Cheers from Tazfrog
    China Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by tazfrog View Post
    That could be an advantage...seeing the Koleos is half an Nissan X-trail
    Maybe, but not a Captur….
    tazfrog likes this.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    Citro雗 CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

COL

Here is a selection of available diagnostic tools for Renault.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1syGK5bfGo
    tazfrog likes this.
    Regards Col

1973 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1976 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1995 Renault Laguna V6
    2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

http://alpine-a110.weebly.com/

Quote Originally Posted by JohnW View Post
    Maybe, but not a Captur….
    Oh...I don't know about that....the manuafacturing world is becoming so centralised
    that they are all sharing electronic platforms and software now...shear expediancy
    dictates it.
    Sunroof likes this.
    Cheers from Tazfrog
    China Blue.

Pics of the land rover and tandem required.
    Berridale likes this.
    KB

Quote Originally Posted by tazfrog View Post
    Oh...I don't know about that....the manuafacturing world is becoming so centralised
    that they are all sharing electronic platforms and software now...shear expediency dictates it.
    Agree of course, but the Captur is an inflated Clio, just like the Scenic is an inflated Megane. The Latitude and Koleos are indeed Korean-sourced. Be interesting to see what Jaahn does in the end.

I won't mention Land-Rovers of course.
    tazfrog likes this.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    Citro雗 CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by renault8&10 View Post
    Pics of the land rover and tandem required.
    Only if I had a Renault on the tandem which I haven't got a picture with the L/R. Although I do have a picture of one of my 17TS's behind a Volvo and also another behind a Kluger. Will they do? The two 17's look identical and are just a few numbers apart. But all this is way beyond the scope of this thread. Would start another thread if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunroof View Post
    Looking under the bonnet of my modern Renaults frightens me. I even get them serviced by the dealer. But admit to having a electronic test device for my Landrover. But then if you look under the bonnet it still looks like an engine with space around it to do stuff. Which I do. But it is 17 years old. The computer that controls the air bag suspension has died so a secondhand replacement will go back in. In the mean time the on board compressor still works with a battery if I need to change anything. Sorry I am really a one eyed Renault enthuisist. But need the Landrover to tow the tandem with my old Renaults on. Sorry won't mention LR again.
    http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/toa...ml#post1571365
    KB

1000+ Posts

Hi
    I was disapointed by the lack of replies to my questions. Having a Land-drover thread started seem unlikely to help Thanks for moving it away though
    Sooooo I decided to bite the bullet and ordered a dongle from alibaba which replaces a Renault Clip ? and also runs on modern versions of Windows. Seemed like a good idea and not too expensive. I purchased it from a site which had a lot of the item sold, as opposed to cheaper versions on sites which had only sold one or a few.
    It has arrived, quite quickly, and looks OK. The dongle plugs into the car port and lights flash ! I downloaded the recommended software (Net Framework 4.0 or above ) and the disc program(Super Scan) and read the 3 line instructions from the disc. But so far have not got my laptop to recognise the bluetooth dongle. Bugger. I have tried the various number/letter combination in any boxes I could find, and also tried to manually do a bluetooth recognistion direct on the laptop, but NO NO NO. Seems to be looking for a password of somesort that is not what I am giving it.

Bloody hell is there any program which comes with decent instructions and a logical way to get them working Seems to be a cracked version of something as the instructions say disconnect the internet to use it.
    I have communicated with the supplier, as a last resort
    Jaahn
    Full instructions on the disc read me;
    EOBD-OBDII: 94E701E6
    RENAULT: 809FC9C2
    1. 安装Net Framework 4.0或以上版本(从网络上搜索并下载,如果本电脑安装过, 则忽略)
    2. 断开因特网连接,安装本软件,激活码如上
    3. 使用软件过程中不要联接因特网
    1. Install Net Framework 4.0 or above (search and download from the network, if the computer installed, then ignored)
    2. Disconnect the Internet connection, install the software, activation code as above
    3. Do not connect to the Internet while using the software

Sorry I missed that second paragraph say it again !
    The box and CD have a code on them ASP-RE ?? Where do all these various number/letters go ??????????
    Last edited by jaahn; 3rd June 2018 at 02:56 PM.

I have an Autel MD802 Maxi Diag which covers virtually every car with an OBD2. I have used it on Renault, Toyota, Holden, Ford, Volvo with no problems. I bought it through EBay a few years ago for about $220.
    jaahn and Berridale like this.

1000+ Posts

Alan, is it bidirectional - see comment i picked up from a review on the 803 Elite:
    Be careful there are a lot of fakes out there ,don't part with your hard earnt cash unless you know it will do what you need it to do , no scanner is worth its salt unless its bidirectional ,if you work on French automatics you will a scanner that can reset the codes like me the fluid counter because if you add any fluid to the unit you have to be able to adjust the counter ,if you change the fluid the counter has to be zeroed if the scanner can't do that you will be loosing money !Also look at the version numbers if you don't have the right version number it wnnt do the job and you could be charged for up dates !!!!!!
    These people claim it's good for Renault up to 2017. Expensive?
    http://diagnostic-world.com/pages/Au...87&p=64277.cfm
    Last edited by JoBo; 5th June 2018 at 10:14 PM.
    "We prefer to believe what we prefer to be true"
    Francis Bacon

Quote Originally Posted by JoBo View Post
    Alan, is it bidirectional - see comment i picked up from a review on the 803 Elite:

These people claim it's good for Renault up to 2017. Expensive?
    Autel MD808 Pro Multi System Diagnostic Package for ABS, Engine, Airbags, Transmission, DPF, Oil Reset, Battery Reset & More
    I remember a few years ago my mechanic had a snap-on modus, an incredibly pricey bit of kit.
    In spite of the dollar value, it still could not do all the things that the trusty ol XR25 could do with renault electronics.
    Don't be surprised if it does not fully integrate.

Jo

1000+ Posts

That's the trap of buying from Chinese. I've been caught out with a bit of rubbish diagnostic tool from China. Even called their company prior to purchase and was assured it would do what they claim. These people are just greedy dishonest crooks.
    Just read the customer feedback on Amazon. Admittedly, i only read the ones without 5 stars. Maybe it's a hit an miss quality problem or some customers are satisfied with very basic features?
    Francis Bacon

That's the trap of buying from Chinese. I've been caught out with a bit of rubbish diagnostic tool from China. Even called their company prior to purchase and was assured it would do what they claim. These people are just greedy dishonest crooks.
    Just read the customer feedback on Amazon. Admittedly, i only read the ones without 5 stars. Maybe it's a hit an miss quality problem or some customers are satisfied with very basic features?
    My life experience suggests to me you get don't something for nothing. If you require a premium product perhaps you need to pay the going local price for it ?

FWIW my experience with "Chinese sellers" has been positive. Any problems have been largely language barrier.
    Departed the Aussie Frogs Community 14 September 2018.

The moderator/leader should not operate for the sole benefit of himself and his kind but for the benefit of the people at large and of the AF Fraternity and its patterns, as becomes what he perceives as fitting into place, into his sense of natural justice.
    with apologies to Judy Grahn

1000+ Posts

It's not a case of $s but a case of delivering what is promised in the advertising.
    jaahn likes this.
    Francis Bacon

It's not a case of $s but a case of delivering what is promised in the advertising.
    Your interpretation of "the advertising " perhaps.

Possibly written by a non English speaking copy writer with the sole intention of selling a product of which they have no in depth knowledge about anyway.

Since when has Ebay been different ?

Any purchase is caveat emptor, especially from China : the home of high quality superbly engineered products.
    jaahn likes this.
    Departed the Aussie Frogs Community 14 September 2018.

The moderator/leader should not operate for the sole benefit of himself and his kind but for the benefit of the people at large and of the AF Fraternity and its patterns, as becomes what he perceives as fitting into place, into his sense of natural justice.
    with apologies to Judy Grahn

1000+ Posts

Default update on my tool !

Hi
    I looked at a U tube video again and noted the bluetooth password they used was 1234, so I tried that and presto it worked ! Now how hard was that to put in the instructions. The supplier then replied and gave a link to the same video. Better late than never!
    So the next step was to get it to scan etc. But it will not auto recognise my Captur computer. Bugger ! There is a list of ECUs that runs to a lot, pages of them, to do a manual selection. Who knows which could be mine. Google no help, so I actually looked at mine. By Continential ???????? (Good runner ) which seemed to match some on sale on Ebay UK, but unfortunately not recognisable in the ECU list of models and numbers.
    I then selected a second car scan and called it a Clio 4. It then recognised the ECU and gave the Vin correctly and a list of options. However it did not have a full menu for my car. The option I wanted was to reset the tire pressure sensors. Bugger again !
    I believe it is a clone version of an ASM unit and software. You can Google this but is may be OK for models up to about 2013. They then changed their design to a new improved model which may do my car. The copiers are using the old model for their clones. Although a Captur has been added to the model list there seems to be no software to back it up for recognition etc.
    Hmmm....thinking....
    Jaahn

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information