Pieces Alpine A110 - was Autobleu !!!
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By geckoeng
  • 1 Post By Exfrogger

Thread: Pieces Alpine A110 - was Autobleu !!!

Default Pieces Alpine A110 - was Autobleu !!!

Jean-Yves Lardinos, has combined with a few people to open "Pieces Alpine A110" in Belgium.

They are a major part of the parts supply chain for the classic Renaults, and he has good contacts for the other French classics as well. Dealing a lot in the competition side of supply and building/restoration of this age classics. They know the cars well, as they all have them and have built them themselves. Their website explains it well.

https://piecesalpinea110.com/

Advertisement

He has always been a very good supplier to me, and his contacts have always come to the party when difficult parts are required. They are always open to giving quotes and advice.

Give them a try,
    Ray
    Ray geckoeng

Think Old, But Run Modern !!

Nice one Ray. So has Jean-Yves cut ties with Mecaparts or does Autobleu still align with Mecaparts?
    1969 Alpine A110
    2016 Ford Focus RS
    2012 Nissan Pathfinder (these have a Renault engine)

Thanks for that Ray. It's been added to the suppliers' list linked to the Renault 4CV Register of Australia's webpage so our members can also know of him.

Good webpage too. It's clearly focussed on the user!!

Cheers
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Peugeot 306 XT 1995 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

"nauli"
    I presume as he does not mention Meca Parts he has severed his relationship with them. Remembering Meca Parts changed ownership about 2 years ago, and J-Y had been with Meca Parts for many years before that. I do know his "dealer" discount was reduced considerably.

Ray
    Ray geckoeng

From the Horses Mouth so to speak, from Jean-Yves, to let you know what has gone on in the past :

Hello everyone. I'd like to thank Ray for the kind comments. MecaParts was sold six years ago, along with the make Autobleu. Autobleu is a brand of specific products, ie exhaust systems, but they are not the owners of the jigs that were developed mainly for ex-Devil exhaust models. During my 20+ years with Patrick Merlin, founder of MP, I happened to be part of the manufacturers selection and new parts development. I was then able to get the parts on a equity basis with MP. I also had the chance to have my own productions included in their catalog. The new management has a slightly different approach, with focus on certain suppliers I'm not always happy with and on price tag awareness/negociation, but it has been clear from the beginning that I would not be granted my position as partner in the new company. It's not a big deal, as I have my contacts in the industry and a worldwide customers list, and basically I'm able to get the same products from the same sources. One of my wishes was to get different parts of what was available on the market - no one is able to supply everything, and all the firms active in the vintage Renault business wish to be "on their own" (cooperation for distribution/joint manufacturing has never been a priority for them). When I started producing parts, I was really candid. I imagined that I could propose a good product that would be sold by wholesellers that have a different approach - selling on websites or in shows (I'm a one-man company, so can't do everything on my own). I feel that nowadays not a lot of the companies are willing to built a (small) stock, feeling that beeing a seller is more profitable than beeing a wholeseller/manufacturer. That's a shame, because the production price (including R&D) will always be high. So I plunged into the web thing, commisionning a web site structure I can implement, just to propose parts that made my life easier when rebuilding cars. It's not perfect, it will take time, and I'm open to suggestions. Thank you for your kind support.

Merci Jean-Yves

There you have it,
    Ray
    FIVEDOOR, JohnW, Sunroof and 2 others like this.
    Ray geckoeng

1000+ Posts

Thanks Jean-Yvette, thanks Ray.

I look forward to dealing with you in future.

Your English is better than my French, that's a big plus.

Peter
    JohnW likes this.
    Daily Drivers: R10, R12, R17T(?) Decouvrable

In the Shed(s):
    R8 (1.4 motor, 4 shock rear end), Dauphine, Pugeot 404

In the Past:
    Dauphine X2, R10 X lots, R12 X2, R16TS, R17TS

PS: If emailing J-Y use the following address:

[email protected]

The "[email protected]" one doesn't currently work.
    1969 Alpine A110
    2016 Ford Focus RS
    2012 Nissan Pathfinder (these have a Renault engine)

Thread Information