Megane GTline horn replacement
  • Register
  • Help
    1000+ Posts

Default Megane GTline horn replacement

The other week i went to Caribbean Gardens and the Renault social club happened to have their car display.
    I asked about fitting an aftermarket horn (how to remove the bumper bar). No go but one owner told me that he was too embarrassed to use the horn on his car. It is pissy and unsafe.
    Anyway, i got a Stebel Nautilus Compact and fitted it. Had to make up a bracket. Butchered an arm off a R19 jack i had no other use for any.
    Thought i post a few pictures.
    The first photo shows the headlight fixing bar (lift to remove slide out the headlight and having removed the top two bolts)
    Raised the front of the car for easier access. Wheels don't have to be removed.
    Remove inner mudguards and headlights for easy access.
    Remove front undertray.
    Remove the white plastic bracket on either side.
    Remove the top screws in the engine bay (remove them last or you drop the bar) and the bumper bar slips off.

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Megane GTline horn replacement-img_0885_1.jpg   Megane GTline horn replacement-img_0899_1.jpg   Megane GTline horn replacement-img_0901_1.jpg   Megane GTline horn replacement-img_0897.jpg   Megane GTline horn replacement-img_0906.jpg   Megane GTline horn replacement-img_0907.jpg  

Megane GTline horn replacement-img_0908.jpg   Megane GTline horn replacement-img_0909.jpg  
    "We prefer to believe what we prefer to be true"
    Francis Bacon

Quote Originally Posted by JoBo View Post
    The other week i went to Caribbean Gardens and the Renault social club happened to have their car display.
    I asked about fitting an aftermarket horn (how to remove the bumper bar). No go but one owner told me that he was too embarrassed to use the horn on his car. It is pissy and unsafe.
    Anyway, i got a Stebel Nautilus Compact and fitted it. Had to make up a bracket. Butchered an arm off a R19 jack i had no other use for any.
    Thought i post a few pictures.
    The first photo shows the headlight fixing bar (lift to remove slide out the headlight and having removed the top two bolts)
    Raised the front of the car for easier access. Wheels don't have to be removed.
    Remove inner mudguards and headlights for easy access.
    Remove front undertray.
    Remove the white plastic bracket on either side.
    Remove the top screws in the engine bay (remove them last or you drop the bar) and the bumper bar slips off.
    The horn on the missus's new Megane sedan is also embarrassing even though loud. What happened to the famous Froggie two-tone horns? I think a pair from an early Koleos would sound a lot better than what is currently fitted!
    It's another lovely day! Again!

COL

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Luck View Post
    The horn on the missus's new Megane sedan is also embarrassing even though loud. What happened to the famous Froggie two-tone horns? I think a pair from an early Koleos would sound a lot better than what is currently fitted!
    They started making the cars in other countries besides France, now we have horns that sound like Kermit the Frog after he has be castrated.
    Regards Col

1973 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1976 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1995 Renault Laguna V6
    2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

http://alpine-a110.weebly.com/

Thread Information