Koleos rear lower tailgate not opening
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Icon8 Koleos rear lower tailgate not opening

Hi
    Can anyone help me.. my lower tailgate will not open, it looks like the cable or locking system has broken but I cant get the internal trim off while the door is closed. I also cannot get it open and was wondering if someone knew how to either open the lower door, or how to remove the internal trim while still closed.
    I tried removing the receivers on the side by taking out the 3 bolts, but the bracket cannot get past the side trims.. hope this makes sense.
    Many thanks

Advertisement

A common problem. There is a write up in the common faults thread.

Koleos Hints, Tips, Problems

Tadpole

Hi,
    I read those, but I wasnt clear on how to remove the internal panel while the bottom tailgate is closed.
    It seems to be clipped in & I can get some of the lugs out, but not at the bottom, so the panel is hard to move without fear of breaking. I too tried the side plates with the 3 bolts.. but couldnt get them out.

Fellow Frogger!

Default How to release Koleos lower tailgate after latch failure.

Its been a while now.
    If my memory serves me correctly, I prised off the upper part of the lower tailgate inner-skin and then manually released each side of the lower gate manually.
    My recommendation is to leave everything intact until you have a new replacement SET (both left & right side) to fit.
    Not hard.

In the future:
    Remember to not slam the lower panel shut - just latch it into place and then press closed.

Tadpole

Thanks, I've booked it in to the garage tomorrow & they can take it off & leave it off untill I go to the wreckers (Cant afford new ones), a 'friend' closed the bloody thing hard.. would love to send him the bill

Quote Originally Posted by nixy69 View Post
    Thanks, I've booked it in to the garage tomorrow & they can take it off & leave it off untill I go to the wreckers (Cant afford new ones), a 'friend' closed the bloody thing hard.. would love to send him the bill
    I hope labour is not expensive, because this seems to be a common problem with a 'when, not if ' schedule of failure.
    In other words, if yours has gone, the one from the wrecker is probably not far behind. Just saying.
    Same goes for any of those common fault items….. like sun visors.
    Jo

Tadpole

decided to bite the bullet & let the garage do it... both catches had broken & cost me $850 ouch!!!

Fellow Frogger!

Yes ouch.....

Thread Information