DPO Auto gearbox fluid level plug location
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default DPO Auto gearbox fluid level plug location

2005 Megane the drain plug does not have the second tube that gives you correct level.
    Apparently on this gearbox version it's located elsewhere but I am having trouble locating it, I have done all the usual Google searches.
    Any assistance would be gratefully accepted.
    Cheers Mike

Advertisement

Sent from my SM-G900I using aussiefrogs mobile app

It's in the drain hole. Use an 8 mm allen key

Sent from my SM-G930F using aussiefrogs mobile app
    2011 Renault Koleos manual petrol, yes it's boring, but not as boring as:
    2017 Renault Koleos auto

Tadpole

Unless the original bold and level tube is missing, there is only a single 8 mm bolt in the drain hole no additional tube to level with.

Sent from my SM-G900I using aussiefrogs mobile app

The DP0 gearboxes all have the same level plug so unless someone decided to ditch the level tube and replace it with a single bolt there should be the two step bolt.
    The good news is that any Renault wrecker is likely to have duff DP0 boxes so you should be able to get a replacement level tube if you can't find one new.
    "I cannot help but notice that there is no problem between us that cannot be solved by your departure. Mark Twain"

1000+ Posts

Hi Moowooga
    The style of the plugs and level tube changed. Just to keep you on your toes The first has the dual concentric bolt and tube head hex.
    The second style has a plain drain plug only showing outside but inside up the hole there is a plastic tube which screws up further in the same thread. That plastic tube has a hexagon moulded into the inner hollow to screw it out. 8 mm allen key as Cav said, use the long end. Messy as the oil comes out so be prepared. Do not over tighten it when you put it back in to fill.
    Jaahn
    The two types and a close up of the inner tube hex. (That one is actually a VW part, the first is Citroen) Ther' all the same .
    DPO Auto gearbox fluid level plug location-20180216_103615-800x450-.jpgDPO Auto gearbox fluid level plug location-20180216_103627-800x450-.jpgDPO Auto gearbox fluid level plug location-20180216_105341-800x450-.jpg
    Last edited by jaahn; 16th February 2018 at 12:03 PM.

1000+ Posts

Default what a bastard mine does not look like the others :(

Hi
    It is always tricky doing a job for the first time, often more difficult on the newer cars too. You have consulted that eastern european guy on Utube and it looks easy enough. Cannot understand what he says but the video is clear enough. Everyone says they are all the same. BUT yours is not,---- bugger,---------- BUGGER,----------- NO IT IS DIFFERENT Where the hell is it then ???

Manufacturers play with us They find a cheap factory in Bulgaria or somewhere else cheap. But they do not have that sized tap for that hole so they do something different Its ok for the manufacturer as the box is wow, cheaper, put another suffix on the part number and an update to the dealers and no worries, the CEO can get a bonus this year, again

Stuff the punters out in Australa, where ever that is ??
    Jaahn
    Thank heavens for Aussie Frogs.
    Last edited by jaahn; 16th February 2018 at 11:43 AM.

Thread Information