EFI/Individual throttle bodies on old renaults - Page 2
  • Register
  • Help
Page 2 of 2 First 12
Results 26 to 28 of 28
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: EFI/Individual throttle bodies on old renaults

  1. #26
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReidarUF View Post
    @c.lees: I would deffinately convert to itb. And the paired gsxr ones should be a good choice. Sandy Brown in England have made a really nice setup for the Peugeot 106 16v/gti. He is using 1000/750 bodies but the 600 are basicly the same. The spacing on the pug is 90mm but as you see he have avoided spacing the bodies. I know from experience there is good reasons for that...
    Attachment 104114

    That is an interesting setup, do you know how they throttle bodies have been connected to the tubes? The only ones I've seen so har use silicon tubes to connect them as that is how they are connected on the bike.

    Advertisement

  2. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    44

    Default

    On the GSXR there is actually a rubber coupler/inlet with a vulcanised metal flange that is bolted to the cylinder head.

    There is a grove on the "tube" on the bodies for this coupler to not to slide off. On theese kits this groove is used as an O-ring groove. Its not perfect as such but seem to seal good enough in the holes in the flange. There is also small metal brackets that secures the bodies to the flange.

    I bought one of theese inlets second hand as I thought it was better than my own setup but I sold the car and inlet before fitting it. Anyway I plan to rob this design for another engine later.

  3. #28
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReidarUF View Post
    I havent paied much attention to the second butterfly setup but I think Alan Moore sums it up pretty good. The gsxr itbs I used on my Pug 106 also had them but I just removed them and plugged the holes.

    What is interresting is the system to make them work in conjunktion with the main butterflies. There is a cam lobe on the second butterfly axle that works against an adjustable arm on the axle on the main butterfly axle. I think this adjustment can be made into a balance adjustment between the two bodies.
    Attachment 104045

    @3006882: Your setup looks good. Sometimes the dcoe bodies are just perfect. But I think you make it seem a bit complicated. Cam trigger is not really needed when running wasted spark and batch fire the injectors. And my 106 was idling nicely without any idle control other than some tweeks in the software.
    Well I'm certain I've made it more complicated than it needed to be, but I was partially doing it to teach myself EFI tuning, so I wanted sequential injection and ignition. The cam trigger turned out to be a fairly easy fix using an off the shelf aftermarket cam trigger unit from the US made for an air cooled VW EFI conversion that replaces the distributor and making a new shaft for it.
    I also have long term visions of a small twin scroll turbo on it, so the extra tuneability can't hurt.
    ReidarUF likes this.

Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •