• 1 Post By RENOSPRITE
  • 1 Post By JohnW

Thread: Fuses R10

Fellow Frogger!

Default Fuses R10

Can I ask where the fuses are in R10
    tks

Advertisement

Inside the right-hand cubby hole, the fuse box being clipped to the A-pillar, with a plastic cover (if lucky) clipped in place.
    1963 Renault R4 Van
    1964 Renault R4
    1967 Volkswagen 1300 Deluxe
    1969 Renault 8 Gordini 1300
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup

Fellow Frogger!

‘Tis Simon will have a look

The two fuses! Will be as Simon describes unless someone’s mucked with it. Highly unlikely in the case of your car 8 would’ve thought.
    KB

It's easy to find which fuse has blown by keeping it simple with two fuses... Not so easy to find which circuit is the fault...

I had such an issue last year and eventually found whatever it was that was taking half the car's electricals out! It was an operator/modifier error of some sort if I recall. Over the years, the 4CV has had fuses added by its young owner, and more recently by its older owner. Now I've no idea what's really been done in detail, and that is a lesson in itself!
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Peugeot 306 XT 1995 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Fellow Frogger!

Its a real pest, I have taken out the faux timber dash, and reinstalled after having it wrapped, looks great, I disconnected the positive on the battery, whilst fiddling with cigarette lighter connection and wipers, and put back together making sure that the right wires were in place for the wiper switch, connected up the battery and now no wipers, no interior light, and even though the ignition lights red and green light up no ignition , the alarm, which normally blinks, only shows red when the ignition is on, my auto electrician recomens its a fuse issue, but then I had to look for the fuse box. found which appears to be a fuse box in the left open glove box. Or is it part of the alarm, havnt had a chance to look yet, may do tonight if not tomoz.
    what a pain.
    will let you know what transpires.

By "left open" you mean "left-open" and are referring to the little open cubby-hole to the right, right?

Bugger, something is the wrong way around. Some Renault circuits run positive to the switch, which earths positive when actuated, such as oil pressure and temperature warning lights. Others run positive from the switch to whichever device it is. I'm wracking my brain to remember what caused me my problem last year. And yes, I was messing with it and caused several fuses to blow before I found the problem I'd created myself.

Ah, one fuse problem was the 4CV, where a headlamp earthing braid (yes, mine) shorted the main feed to high beam, so when I turned on the lamps the fuse blew. I'm sure I had an R8 fuse blow too.

Good luck with it!

Take things off, one by one, until the fuse doesn't blow. At least that is a starter.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

COL

I'm only guessing here but from looking at the circuit diagram that I have here, I think you have dislodged a wire which is easy to do.

The book I have here is a Scientific Publication, and it shows what they describe as a "connector on instrument panel" and looking at the circuit diagram there is a wire that comes from the battery to this connector and the goes to the headlights on one connection, the other connection goes to the fuse box that supplies the fuse for the interior light and wipers, also on this same connection there is a wire that goes to the ignition.

I can scan this wiring diagram and email to you if you PM me your email address high lighting where I think the problem is.
    Regards Col

1973 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1976 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1995 Renault Laguna V6
    2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

http://alpine-a110.weebly.com/

COL, that rings a bell. Assuming he has the standard dashboard and not a 10S setup, I think there is a 12v ign feed which connects to a buzz bar in effect on the back of the dashboard, from which other wires get their 12v source.
    KB

Fellow Frogger!

Problem solved, I had time today to look at the problem, found a small fuse box, which I could not find before, replaced red fuse and all returned to normal. With the alarm on the car I thought that may have been the problem. Now looking forward to a run on the weekend, thatís everyone for your input
    COL likes this.

Great. Did you find THE fuse box (on the A pillar), or had someone installed a second fuse box somewhere else?
    KB

Quote Originally Posted by RENOSPRITE View Post
    Problem solved, I had time today to look at the problem, found a small fuse box, which I could not find before, replaced red fuse and all returned to normal. With the alarm on the car I thought that may have been the problem. Now looking forward to a run on the weekend, that’s everyone for your input
    Excellent! I'd guess just one wire touched earth while you were playing around with things. Hopefully the fuse will stay unfused.

Second Kevin's question - was it the original one or an 'extra'?
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

Fellow Frogger!

Actually in the open glove box just inside right in the corner did no find it at first only two fuses white and red, red was the problem

Fellow Frogger!

I reckon original

Quote Originally Posted by RENOSPRITE View Post
    I reckon original
    Yep, that's original. KB was wondering whether there was another added later. I still can't remember why I was blowing that red fuse myself.

Hold on, got it!! I fitted an extra, mechanical brake light switch operated by a curved rod behind the brake pedal and a wire fell off. Every time I touched the brakes, the fuse blew!!
    Shoji likes this.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

Sent from my Pixel 2 using aussiefrogs mobile app
    Last edited by LeMansTragic; 10th February 2018 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Incorrectly entered. Was trying to do a search....

Thread Information