Renault Koleos Fix Needed - Page 2
  • Register
  • Help
Page 2 of 2 First 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Renault Koleos Fix Needed

Maybe the Koleos doesn't have the suspension travel of the 2CV? Just 1 minute of madness...
    (For those of you who don't frequent the pond).

Advertisement

Dave
    jo proffi and jaahn like this.
    2008 Renault Laguna 2.0 dCi break
    ​1997 BMW K1200RS

IR655
    (George Bush Snr): "I'll never apologize for the United States of America. Ever, I don't care what the facts are."

1000+ Posts

Hi
    Thay video proves that roadholding is diferent from the normal definition of handling. People never understood that aspect of French cars.
    Now-a-days the French engineers have given up on that aspect and just make hard riding with low profile tires the standard for the sales result the bean counters want. I an very disappointed in my new Captur for day to day driving on the 'tracks' around here. It handles OK and the highway ride is OK but on the choppy suburban streets it is bad bad bad !!
    I will try a set of the smallest/highest profile wheel/tire combination shown on the placard when I can get some and see how that goes I think. Why should i have to with a Renault. The ride has not grown on me at all, like the Koleos. Not to mention the silly design of the mags which get marked very easily on a gutter !!
    Jaahn

Has anyone replaced the shocks with anything other than original? Coming from a pug 505 my wife's koleos is harder riding but I think when driving over bumps in the road the car doesn't settle the sideways movement particularly well. I've always wondered if stiffer shocks would actually improve the ride. Mines a 2009 diesel.

Sent from my iPhone using aussiefrogs

I'd better go and drive one by the sound of it. my daughter needs something a bit bigger, and Scenics are getting on the old/high mileage side.

Despite your comments, with which I don't entirely disagree, my impression of PSA at least is that they've pared back suspension complexity - after all they sell cars for about the same dollars, i.e. half the price, of our 1995 Peugeot 306. The folk at the dealer reckon they couldn't afford to do it like the 306 these days.

Cheers
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Peugeot 306 XT 1995 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by SamT View Post
    Has anyone replaced the shocks with anything other than original? Mines a 2009 diesel.
    I have replaced mine, also a 2009 diesel.
    Record brand (keeping the french flavour), gas assist.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnW View Post
    .....I reckon all you can do with the Koleos is find a way of getting higher profile tyres on 16" rims, .......
    Looked at this, we have a bigger rotor, necessitating 17's minimum.
    I went to 65 series (225/65 vs 225/60) to put a bit of bag into the walls.
    The thing now flies over road humps, little pitching.

My opinion the faster you hit the humps the less one feels them.
    jo proffi and SamT like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 85Fuego View Post

My opinion the faster you hit the humps the less one feels them.
    Exacly, get them over and done with quickly and onto the smooth stuff !!

Tadpole

Hi 85Fuego,

Are your replaced shocks "Record brand" meant to make the ride softer or stiffer ?

Tadpole

I remember the days when Citroen Hydractive suspensions were the thing to go for a comfy ride that I heard even Rolls Royce had licensed them.

I will always remember this road test of the Citroen C5 vs the Volkswagen Passat. Which I call the Jelly Test :p
    Is the Citroen C5 really all that German? Part 2 - YouTube

It seems nowadays all the French cars are moving towards a more sporty drive, thus the suspension is stiffened up unfortunately. I always wonder how the French survive driving on those cobble roads .... than I think... how do we survive driving along the hole-ridden roads around Sydney. The roads are dug out and patched back so badly
    Last edited by sydfreet; 5th February 2018 at 11:38 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
    jaahn and Sunroof like this.

Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread Information