Koleos top tailgate latch mechanism
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Koleos top tailgate latch mechanism

Our 2011 Koleos Privilege has recently developed an issue with the top tailgate latch. It will not engage when the boot is closed. Eg the mechanism remain stuck in the open position.

I can fix it by pressing the boot release on the rear tailgate and a the latch will sometimes re-engage, this is getting to be less successful as time goes on. When I perform the fix, I see a small mechanism drop down from the top of the rear latch, (only just visible above the hook that latches to the bottom door) which engaged the catch when the top tail gate is closed.

Advertisement

I'm hoping it may just be sticking and some WD-40 may fix it. Before doing anything I thought I would reach out to see if this may be a known issue or common problem with the 2011 Koleos and if anyone has resolved it and if so how!

I suspect it's easy enough to replace but I can't seem to find a part for it. If anyone knows part numbers etc please feel free to post it or PM me.

Tadpole

A bit more google-fu looks like the part number is 90612JY00A

https://partsouq.com/en/catalog/genu...1445&gid=12797

Replacement is "easy as pie" http://www.web-wizard.net/koleos/Mechanisms.pdf

Assuming I can't fix it any one have any recommendations about where I can source this from?
    Last edited by notafroggyman; 25th January 2018 at 12:25 PM. Reason: removed broken link

Tadpole

over the weekend I pulled the tail gate apart. I tried a bit of wd40 but no joy. I loosened some screws on the mechanism that hold the locking mechanism to a mounting plats. That has improved the situation somewhat but it has stuck once since then. Next steps are to remove the mounting plate completely and see if I can see any further issues with the internals. I will try to post some Photo's when I do the next bit. anyone know of wreckers wrecking a 2011 Koleos or if a later model like the 2013 would have the same part?

Fellow Frogger!

Thread Information