Renault Lsaguna II 2.2 DCi Reset fuel trim?
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dat

Thread: Renault Lsaguna II 2.2 DCi Reset fuel trim?

dat
    Tadpole

Default Renault Lsaguna II 2.2 DCi Reset fuel trim?

G'day all,

Yesterday I put a can of upper cylinder cleaner through my Laguna (2.2 DCi) following the instructions on the can (hold at 2000rpm, squirt 2-3secs, repeat once revvs drop again) and now it has absolutely no power. I wonder if my fuel trims are all out of whack as a result and hence how can I reset them?

Glad to hear any other ideas?

I did this because I thought it might help clean out some gummy stuff and help it run a bit better. It's been a bit laggy lately.

Cheers,

Advertisement

Dylan

dat
    Tadpole

I should also add there are no fault codes, no warning lights, nothing to indicate a fault.

dat
    Tadpole

So I've done a little more work with the diagnostic tool. I still can't see a smoking gun, turbo seems to be tracking boost setting, fuel pressure is following the setting. The only thing that strikes me as a little odd is that the maximum fuel set point:

My driveway is steep so I can roll it back, stop, put it in drive and floor it, it struggles to move forward:
    RPM:~1100
    Fuel Setting: 16.9mg/stroke (at least that what I think the units were)
    Fuel: matches setting
    Richness Ratio: 0.49 (I'm not across what this means yet)

The fuel setting saturates at the 16.9 value after a few % accelerator application. After that it doesn't matter where I put my foot.

Any ideas?

I've got absolutely no idea with modern stuff.

But has the task of spraying something into the plenum just moved the stuff you want to get rid of onto another sensor? Or blocked some other orifice further down the track? Is it as simple as disconnecting the battery and starting afresh, assuming the battery is in tip-top knick?
    1963 Renault R4 Van
    1964 Renault R4
    1967 Volkswagen 1300 Deluxe
    1969 Renault 8 Gordini 1300
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup

dat
    Tadpole

There's just sooo many things to go wrong, my old Datto is much easier to trouble shoot.

It may have transferred all the goop somewhere else but what's got me stumped is the lack of any fault codes. I tried leaving the battery disconnected overnight but that did nothing. Still the same.

I haven't found a reference but I think the Richness Ratio is a poorly translated equivalence ratio, at least that's what it looks like, small number at idle, goes up (not enough) with accelerator application.

I am wondering if pushing it into the street and setting fire to it will fix my problems ;-)

Not sure I would want to spray incompressible liquid into a high compression diesel...

Dave
    2008 Renault Laguna 2.0 dCi break
    ​1997 BMW K1200RS

IR655
    (George Bush Snr): "I'll never apologize for the United States of America. Ever, I don't care what the facts are."

Quote Originally Posted by dat View Post
    There's just sooo many things to go wrong, my old Datto is much easier to trouble shoot. It may have transferred all the goop somewhere else but what's got me stumped is the lack of any fault codes. I tried leaving the battery disconnected overnight but that did nothing. Still the same. I haven't found a reference but I think the Richness Ratio is a poorly translated equivalence ratio, at least that's what it looks like, small number at idle, goes up (not enough) with accelerator application.
    I am wondering if pushing it into the street and setting fire to it will fix my problems ;-)
    Bugger. The old "insure and burn" approach has its merits. I was once told also to "drive three times around church". I'm with Simon though. I can pull out the main jet easily enough on my older Renaults..... But it does sound a bit like a problem shifted further down the inlet tract.

Was there a problem in the first place, or is that the real frustration?

I'm sure quite a few of us will be interested to hear the solution. Best of luck.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Peugeot 306 XT 1995 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

EGR valve? It is a very common problem with diesels losing power. Ford Rangers suffer massive loss of power when the EGR is only slightly blocked. Try pulling it out and cleaning. Oven cleaner does a good of cleaning the carbon build up away. The cleaner you have used is probably designed to do this but may have just dislodge some particles that have ended up blocking the EGR valve. Hope this helps.

dat
    Tadpole

So I did a bit more work and found that the mass air flow values were about half, the reason being the intake pipe had come loose at the turbo. Hopefully it stays there when I put it back.
    jaahn likes this.

dat
    Tadpole

So the intake pipe has a big crack at the turbo end. Any great ideas on where to get a new one that wont cost hundreds of dollars? In the short term I'll be repairing what I have with a sleeve and some new tube.

Thread Information