I spent some time this week looking at new cars so my wife could update. We drove some of the current new models, and I must say I was impressed. The new Megane sedan is just amazing. In black with leather it looks like a premium car that could be 3 times the price. The new Koleos also looks great and has everything that you want on a car. The only thing I didnt like was the CVT transmission. Its noisy and Nissan has had lots of trouble with them. My wife fell in love with the new Captur. Its a great little car, and for low 30's for the top of the range model it's good value. Compared to the other brands there is little you could want for, and it looks good too. Apparently the new model has basically sold out of most colours already, with a new shipment not due until early April next year. Still Navy, White and some cream and red available in the Intens spec. The only things my wife could pick was the lack of rear cupholders and the fact that the tailgate isnt automatic. It even parks itself! We went with a metallic gray with black roof and dark gray leather Intens spec with Bose stereo (which will not be offered in the new lot). The range of cars we looked at was large, and included similar sized cars from Merc, BMW, Audi, Peugeot, Citroen, Maxda, Kia, Hyundai etc. Its testament to Renault that she choose its car, and I have to say that I was impressed not only with the options, but also with the car in general and the price. She is counting down the days until delivery!

Advertisement