Alpine A110
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Alpine A110

Default Alpine A110

Heard on the radio this morning that the Alpine A110 will be coming to Oz. 185Kw, 1.8l turbo, 0-100 4.5 sec, 250kmh, convertible and SUV models to be released.

Advertisement
    Once upon a time:

Many R4s (incl. fourgonnette), R5LS, R16TS.

GS 1015, 1220, sedans and wagons.
    CX 2200, 2400.
    ID 1966, 1969, DS21H, DSpecial, DS23 Pallas.
    C5 2002, 2004 petrol and diesel.
    sold ..... D Special 1974 ... to fellow Tassie AFer.
    sold ..... Xantia Activa 1998 (look out Gulargambone)
    sold .....GS 5 speed sedan (what a tale)
    sold .... 1986 2CV6

And now:

C5 2.2 HDI 2005 wagon
    CX25GTi 1985 auto
    CX2500 IE Pallas 1985 auto
    DS23 1973 Pallas
    DS23EFI 1975 Pallas

1000+ Posts

A friend of mine said he thinks he can just about afford one as well as the new house he is about to build. I suggested he email Renault Aust now and put in an order as I imagine the numbers will be limited and snaped up pretty quickly. He said he'll think about it. Wow that's about as much chance I've got of getting a ride in one.

Nah a few fancy dealers will get a demo to park at the shopping centre for you to run into with your trolley.

Works: 1999 Volvo S40 T4, (has Choo Choo's)
    Playing: R12, SuperPos, thinks It's a race car.
    Previous: SuperGrumpy fuel spitting 504ti(ish), SuperComfortable 505 STI, SuperDoper carried my groceries Mi16
    Wanted Ye old K4J / K4M Click!

"More and more of less and less" - Marina Abramović

Quote Originally Posted by garyk View Post
    Heard on the radio this morning that the Alpine A110 will be coming to Oz. 185Kw, 1.8l turbo, 0-100 4.5 sec, 250kmh, convertible and SUV models to be released.
    SUV Alpine?
    "I cannot help but notice that there is no problem between us that cannot be solved by your departure."

Icon6

Quote Originally Posted by REN TIN TIN View Post
    SUV Alpine?
    G'day,
    for soccer mums.
    regards,
    Les W.

206 GTi 180
    the stealth Pug
    Did I do anything last night that suggested I was sane?
    "Well, you got to die sometime. You may as well be doing something you enjoy when you're doing it, right?"

Quote Originally Posted by pug206gti View Post
    G'day,
    for soccer mums.
    BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Lexus and Infiniti all do very well out of the Soccer Mums, Les! Why not?
    pug206gti likes this.
    It's another lovely day! Again!

This was on the Car Advice site

Alpine A110 confirmed for Australia

The Alpine A110 sports car has been confirmed for the Australian market this week, set to arrive Down Under in the second half of 2018.

According to the French manufacturer, Australia is the second market outside of Europe to be confirmed, and one of only three right-hand-drive markets to be receiving the A110 so far.

While full pricing and specifications are to be confirmed, the local division says the launch model for Australia will “draw its inspiration’ from Europe’s ‘Premiere Edition’, which features 18-inch ‘Otto Fuchs’ forged alloy wheels, Sabelt monocoque sports seats, Brembo sports brakes, an active sports exhaust, an Alpine-tuned Focal audio system, carbon-fibre interior trim, and brushed aluminium pedals.

“On behalf of Alpine Cars, it is with great pleasure that we can make this announcement today,” said Andrew Moore, managing director of Renault Australia.

“[The A110] combines the timeless Alpine principles of compact size, light weight and dynamic agility and keeps true to the spirit of its predecessors, in particular the A110 Berlinette.”

“We are delighted that it won’t be long until its loyal fans, as well as those new to the brand, can get behind the wheel,” he added.

Power comes from a mid-mounted 1.8-litre turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine developing 185kW of power and 320Nm of torque. Drive is sent to the rear wheels via a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission sourced from Getrag.

Alpine claims the A110 can sprint from 0-100km/h in 4.5 seconds, on its way to an electronically-governed top speed of 250km/h.

Full details and pricing will be revealed closer to launch, though the company has confirmed “a range of other variants” will be offered following the special launch model.

VIP Sponsor

Yet another iconic name milked for all they can get, this has absolutely NOTHING to do with a real A110.

Quote Originally Posted by REN TIN TIN View Post
    SUV Alpine?

Fellow Frogger!

Having competed in my A110 around Bathurst during the Challenge Bathurst on 18/19 November 2017, I started wondering whether an Alpine has done it before? I know R8Gs have done but not aware of any Alpines. I appreciate that the A110 is not a circuit car suited to 6.2 kilometre tracks against more modern and powerful cars. Anyone out there know of any?

Quote Originally Posted by GRAHAM WALLIS View Post
    Yet another iconic name milked for all they can get, this has absolutely NOTHING to do with a real A110.
    Unless, of course, it is lighter, faster and handles better than anyone else's SUV..........

Quote Originally Posted by bazzamac View Post
    Having competed in my A110 around Bathurst during the Challenge Bathurst on 18/19 November 2017, I started wondering whether an Alpine has done it before? I know R8Gs have done but not aware of any Alpines. I appreciate that the A110 is not a circuit car suited to 6.2 kilometre tracks against more modern and powerful cars. Anyone out there know of any?
    In 1997, Williams Renault entered two Lagunas in the Bathurst race. Neither finished, but a Laguna lapped the circuit in 2:16.8034, faster than any other in the race.

https://web.archive.org/web/20050317...2F1997.ARDC.E7

I should also point out that in 2016, the lap record had in 19 years, dropped only 10 seconds per lap.....
    Last edited by Kim Luck; 28th November 2017 at 11:29 PM.

VIP Sponsor

Still no, never.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim Luck View Post
    Unless, of course, it is lighter, faster and handles better than anyone else's SUV..........

VIP Sponsor

Not Lagunas, Super Tourers.

In 1997, Williams Renault entered two Lagunas in the Bathurst race. Neither finished, but a Laguna lapped the circuit in 2:16.8034, faster than any other in the race.

COL

They would of won the race if they kept the cars off the kerbs, it was suspension failure from memory. They won the BTCC that year too.
    Regards Col

1973 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1976 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1995 Renault Laguna V6
    2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

http://alpine-a110.weebly.com/

Fellow Frogger!

I was there that year watching the race from the Renault pits. Alan Jones put his car into the wall due to understeer while Menu/Plato, who were leading the race easily at the time, went too hard over the kerbs and suffered under car damage which I think caused gear box issues and probably, as Col says, suspension failure.

Quote Originally Posted by GRAHAM WALLIS View Post
    Not Lagunas, Super Tourers.
    Here ya go, Graham!: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._1000_vehicles

I think he would prefer this one:- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1997_AMP_Bathurst_1000
    Any day I wake up and don't have to go to work, is a good day
    Every day is a good day

The car was a Williams Renault Laguna, Super Tourer or not....and all the other cars were stock....

And personally I and many others (who don't equate V8's with penis size) would like to see the Bathurst 1000 revert to it's original, unmodified production car format....
    Sunroof, jaahn and 85Fuego like this.

Fellow Frogger!

I have reviewed the records and confirm that you would seem to be the first to drive an A110 in a competition event at the Mount. There may be others who have driven an A110 on the mount when it reverts to a public road or perhaps in a non competition social event. A photo of your car on a lap would be good ? maybe with a couple of wheels off the deck over skyline or through the dipper. Ernst may have done it but I cannot find any record of it in a competition event.

This might be as close as you get to video of an A110 at Bathurst.

R8 Dream likes this.

Paul Tomlinson
    R1135 Gordini 1968.
    Jaguar XJ-C V12 1975.
    Alpine GTA 1988
    Jaguar X Type 2002.

Fellow Frogger!

The claim by bazzamac to be the first A110 in a speed event at Bathurst would appear to be correct then since the video shows two way traffic below 60kph when it is a public road. I believe that red A110 is Ernst.

Yes, correct. That was at the 4CV Mini Muster when held in Bathurst a year or so ago.

Not disputing your research Bustamif, but did you include FOSC as possible competition entries?
    I imagine, they would have the highest probability of an A110 entrant unless Ernst or others have ever entered a BLCC event or BLCC operated event on behalf of someone else (like Classic Rally Club for example)? The caveat being that these are normally partially closed circuit events, not the full circuit closed.
    KB

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks for the video Thommo. I also went around the track that day in my Alpine GTA V6 Turbo and did so about 10 years ago when I first got the car and attended the Bathurst 1000 but then driving within the speed limit.

On the subject of the new A110, there was one in Melbourne but it has gone back to France. It was here for homologation purposes. I have been advised that only 99 will be coming to Oz.

Thanks to Fivedoor for the wikipedia link. I have looked through all the Armstrong 500 and Bathurst 1000 results as well as the Bathurst 6 hour and 12 hour and saw no Alpines listed.

Not sure renault8&10 what FOSC and BLCC events are? Could you enlighten me.

I do have some photos of my car running around Bathurst and waiting on some more from the cameramen that were there and will post later.

VIP Sponsor

BLCC is Bathurst Light Car Club.

Here is the article for those interested:- McAdie makes first appearance at Challenge Bathurst | Western Advocate
    Any day I wake up and don't have to go to work, is a good day
    Every day is a good day

Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread Information