Elf oil Newcastle area ?
  • Register
  • Help
    1000+ Posts

Default Elf oil Newcastle area ?

Hi
    I was interested in perhaps getting Elf oil for my Renault Captur, 1.2 T. However it seems a silly quest. I emailed one distributor about it. Nothing ?? There seems to be several distributors, why is that. Some dodgey independent parts supplier I have never heard of ?
    The Renault book has no recommendation for the oil or have i lost the book it is in ? Consult the dealer seems to be the recommendation but that is not my preferred option !
    Should I just go to Supercheap for some specials
    jaahn

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

There are Total distributors in Moree, Tamworth, and Coffs, as well as Onshore in Brisbane. Nobody in Newcastle. The Total mob in Sydney prefer to deal only with the trade, and particularly with French car dealers.

The Elf brand seems to have an outlet in Newcastle though - - Newcoast (no address or company number is given on the website)

One contributor here got a super deal from Perth couriered to Sydney.

The dealers sell oil.
    from memory it was about the same price as buying penrite from super cheap auto.

You could get your car serviced at renotech up in hornsby and they will use the correct oil.

I'm going to plug those guys for above and beyond service.
    When I bought the koleos, it came with a little bit of oil missing so I phoned renotech to find out what oil to buy and to also book in a service.
    You always get an answer machine there, so I left a message.

When they called back, not only did they tell me the correct weight, but also told me that should I want it, there is a 1 litre bottle of it sitting on the counter at the local renault dealers with my name on it.

I'll be taking mums Capture to them for servicing.
    Jo

My local Auto Master in Mt Druitt seems to have the smaller Elf oil drums lying around. I stumbled across this by accident as the supercheap next door had a couple outside as garbage bins. I asked where they got them from and could I get some. They mentioned the auto master, so I went across and asked. He's meant to be saving me a couple of empties.

My point is that it seems to have pretty good penetration amongst workshops from what I've seen here locally.
    KB

1000+ Posts

The last time I paid for oil from a dealer it was 50% dearer than my local normal retail supplier. I prefer to buy from trade oulets, even if the minimum quantities are larger. It gets used..

1000+ Posts

Hi
    The local dealer gave me a price of $58 for 5ltr of suitable Elf oil 5w40, and ~$22 for the filter. They are out of stock of the oil currently. The workshop uses a bulk drum !
    Those prices are OK.
    Jaahn
    PS When I purchased the genuine filter it was actually cheaper ?? $20.60. Now that's a change. And cheaper than a non genuine filter on ebay.
    I bought Penrite 5W40 FS, 6 ltr, on special at Supercheap for $44.97. I noted that Penrite have two 5W40 FS oils but only one has the approval to Renault RN 0700/0710.
    Nulon has none with Renault approval.
    Jaahn
    Last edited by jaahn; 31st October 2017 at 08:35 AM.

Thread Information