• Help
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By robmac
  • 1 Post By R17G
  • 1 Post By fritzelhund
  • 1 Post By JohnW
  • 1 Post By renault8&10
  • 1 Post By jaahn

Thread: Renault dealership damaged my car!

Default Renault dealership damaged my car!

First service RS Clio.

Renault dealership damaged my car!-20171007_093052.jpgRenault dealership damaged my car!-20171007_093153.jpgRenault dealership damaged my car!-20171007_094054.jpg.

Advertisement

Problem with tyres reported the following day to dealership. They are not taking responsibility. PM me if you want their name, or check my location.
    A Gordini is still a GORDINI!!!

Hoist arm wrongly placed, Or hooked when driving off ?

Time to contact Renault themselves , and if no joy get legal advice.
    Wildebeest likes this.

I am thinking Race mode as they flat spotted the tyres. RA customer service has been notified. Cheers mate.

Tadpole

Tech drove off this the hoist arm still in position.. 100%...... “just retired after more years than I care to think about” and seen others do it inc. my partner...... Dealer not interested..... Renault Customer Care is how i would approach it. You have given the dealer chance to rectify it and they are not interested, customer care should as ALL makes want to keep their customers happy. If that fails consumer protection or whatever they call in in your state. Also Facebook gets a lot of action from manufactures ....

Quote Originally Posted by R17G View Post
    I am thinking Race mode as they flat spotted the tyres. RA customer service has been notified. Cheers mate.
    Face book may a good next step. And I wish you the very best of luck.

Accidents happen, but refusal to make good should never happen.

You don't have mention the dealer by name, but include a good image showing their sticker.

Quote Originally Posted by robint View Post
    Tech drove off this the hoist arm still in position.. 100%...... “just retired after more years than I care to think about” and seen others do it inc. my partner...... Dealer not interested..... Renault Customer Care is how i would approach it. You have given the dealer chance to rectify it and they are not interested, customer care should as ALL makes want to keep their customers happy. If that fails consumer protection or whatever they call in in your state. Also Facebook gets a lot of action from manufactures ....
    Well that would make sense but I am not sure how the tyres are flat spotted. There is no damage to sills or bumpers. Or any other damage I noticed when having a bit of a freak out. Apparently all of the mechanics were asked, but deny knowing anything about it.
    I have put it on the RCCQ facebook page. Do you think I should put it on the dealership and RA's pages? I have made a complaint with the office of fair trading.Renault dealership damaged my car!-gc.png
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Renault dealership damaged my car!-sun.png   Renault dealership damaged my car!-renault.png  

I'd wait for RA and fair trading before doing anything more in public that might prejudice your case. Just keep cool.

Bad luck. Have you had a quiet talk with the dealership manager? More sorrow than anger?
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    Citroën CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

I have talked with the principal on a number of occasions. They are denying they had anything to do with it. And yes I think I have been fairly calm about it. I haven't even sworn....
    HONG KONG PUGGY likes this.

Fellow Frogger!

I have talked with the principal on a number of occasions. They are denying they had anything to do with it. And yes I think I have been fairly calm about it. I haven't even sworn....
    I agree with the thoughts above about hoist damage.
    I had a similar problem with a Mazda dealer on a new 929 years ago. Crushed sill rather than a torn one.Smacks of inattention when moving the car on or off the hoist.
    It becomes even more fraught with a hydropneumatic Citroen. car goes on at riding height...when the car is lifted so wheels hang, car thinks from the suspension travel ... I am too high ... remove suspension fluid.... result when the car is lowered onto its wheels it is completely "sunk"... and the unknowing try to drive it off over the hoist with its belly catching on their equipment....made worse with a later computer controlled car that has a computer controlled electric pump and needs instructions from an opened door ( to make it think I am being prepared to travel, so return to normal ride height ) to begin the re elevation process, which itself may take say 20 seconds.
    I am always present when attending say a tyre dealer, or remove wheels myself at home and deliver to their business.

They've had their chance by the sound of it....

Good luck with the rest of the process....

Cheers
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    Citroën CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Quote Originally Posted by JohnW View Post
    Good luck with the rest of the process....
    Thanks.

I am happy to name them if allowed on the forum. Or have a look at the images above.

I think best not to for know. You're images should be clear enough.
    JohnW likes this.
    KB

1000+ Posts

I am happy to name them if allowed on the forum. Or have a look at the images above.
    Hi
    Bad luck and the dealer is a turd. I believe I would make a proper legal statutory declaration about the situation as best you can assess it and the fact the car was not damaged before it went in for service, and then go to the consumer affairs department in your state. Then sent that statement to the dealer by registered mail, and indicate the fact you are proceeding with further action, and ask that they reply in writing within say two weeks. Then you have given them written notice they can respond to in writing (or ignore as they see fit). When they reply in writing you will have something to indicate the direction to go. The Consumer affairs may then help with the next step.
    I would also probably get a licenced motor vehicle repairer eg a panel beater to take a look and prepare a report for you on the damage and the cost to repair it all. Indicate it may be subject to dispute so he is not working in the dark about what you want.
    Good luck Jaahn
    You can get a stat deck form at a newsagent or post office and then write on it (after a few draft copies on paper) and take it to a JP before you sign it and he will witness it. Simple legal process with little cost to get started. It shows you are not just playing around. Do not embelish the truth or tell wrong facts on the stat deck as it is a legal document.
    I have taken on an Insurance Co about a repair using this approach. And won after a while. No solictors or lawyers involved.
    Last edited by jaahn; 15th October 2017 at 10:19 AM.
    JohnW likes this.

Fellow Frogger!

Hope you haven't paid their bill! A new RS and its first service? Renault customer support will be very interested as already stated above.

Thanks for the replies, I have started the process with my own insurance company, but I am out the excess, 2 tyres and of course I have no car at the moment. I have made a complaint the qld's dept of fair trading (our consumer affairs). It is a good idea about the stat dec. Thanks for the advice.

Yes it is indeed a new RS, bought from this dealer and this occurred at it's first service. The car still hasn't quite ticked over 10000 km. The main reason I went to them, is that I had a complimentary first service!

Ha. Now you know why you had a complimentary first service.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

^great detective work Dave 306, but the general consensus was NOT to name the dealership specifically whilst the claim and complaint process is underway lest it either prejudices the case; or brings action against the owner of this web forum.
    KB

Quote Originally Posted by renault8&10 View Post
    ^great detective work Dave 306, but the general consensus was NOT to name the dealership specifically whilst the claim and complaint process is underway lest it either prejudices the case; or brings action against the owner of this web forum.
    Oh is that the dealership? Thanks for comfirming.

Sent from my iPhone using aussiefrogs
    2000 306 GTi6 China Blue

1998 306 Style Dragoon Blue (Workhorse 220,000K's)

A friend had his Megane sedan sill damaged twice! by Renault dealer In outer eastern Subs Melbourne. Turning quickly on a concrete down ramp a possible culprit. Would not acknowledge responsibility for panel damage. Hard to prove. Went elsewhere after first few services.
    '04 Megane
    Gone but not forgotten
    '71 16 TS, '72 16 TL, '74 15TS,'82 20TS Series 2, '85 25 GTX. '49 L15,

1000+ Posts

Was it somewhere in Waverly?
    "The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge"
    Stephen Hawking

No - more easterly!
    '04 Megane
    Gone but not forgotten
    '71 16 TS, '72 16 TL, '74 15TS,'82 20TS Series 2, '85 25 GTX. '49 L15,

Thread Information