Gordini media honour.
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree8Likes
  • 8 Post By Frans

Thread: Gordini media honour.

Default Gordini media honour.

Hi All,

Last Saturday I took the G out for a run to Hampton Downs where I would've been racing to lick my wounds and to see the newcomers and refreshed cars in action.

I had my Renault jacket on because of a chill in the air when I was approached by a guy with a huge camera and bag. He said that he has been looking for me for a long time but never managed to meet me at my car. I guess it is typical when one goes to a show, lock the car and wonder off to admire the other specialties. He then asked me if I would consider a photo shoot and an article in the NZ Autocar Magazine and promised me it will be professional and only if I agree etc etc. Well I said yes, but deep down inside I shouted out loud YES! He took my contact detail and left.

The phone call came much sooner than I expected and the photo shoot happened on Wednesday. We went to a boat yard at the harbour and he took photos for Africa. I think it was around 300 photos with the Gordini posing in various different positions. He was lying down at times and standing on ladders other times and carried on until almost dark.

Then we came home and he had an interview with me with all types of questions. He must have done some homework on Gordinis because the questions were very relevant to the model and unique changes between the G and the R8. He said a few times that he liked the car being used and that it is not in a garage all the time. More natural with a few flaws here and there. It all ended with a photo shoot of me in my mancave.

Advertisement

I don't know when it will be published, but I sure will tell you!

Regards, Frans
    Old enough to know better
    Young enough to do it anyway.

COL

Look forward to the article Frans
    Regards Col

1973 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1976 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1995 Renault Laguna V6
    2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

http://alpine-a110.weebly.com/

Good for you Frans, can't wait for the article. I'm being hassled to do one on BARNIE !!!

Cheers Phil

Quote Originally Posted by COL View Post
    Look forward to the article Frans

Thread Information