R8/R10 Spigot Shaft measurements.
  • Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Fellow Frogger! R8philSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Vista SA
    Posts
    825

    Default R8/R10 Spigot Shaft measurements.

    Me again

    Anybody out there can tell me the diameters of a R8 and/or R10 Gearbox Spigot Shaft, where the clutch plate sits and where the spigot shafts goes into the flywheel.

    Advertisement


    Thanks guys
    Phil

  2. #2
    Too many posts! JohnW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Perth, WA, Australia
    Posts
    8,911

    Default

    Two types Phil. The earlier ones have coarse splines and the later ones fine splines, I think both have the same diameter at the flywheel bush.

    You'll presumably be using the later type.

    Call Col R. I suggest if nothing comes through here. I don't have a later one to measure and am away in any case.

    Cheers
    JohnW

    Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Peugeot 306 XT 1995 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

    National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

  3. #3
    1000+ Posts
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Boonah Qld
    Posts
    2,058

    Default

    Yes I have one sitting in the container, I'll check it out later. Mine will be the later type.

  4. #4
    1000+ Posts
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Boonah Qld
    Posts
    2,058

    Default

    The spigot shaft into fly wheel is 12mm. Is the other measurement you want the spline diameter?

  5. #5
    1000+ Posts Frans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    1,173

    Default

    16.5mm OD 20 splines. But be careful because there are different angled splines that counts up to 20 and because the angles of the splines are different, they wont fit.

    Frans.
    Old enough to know better
    Young enough to do it anyway.

  6. #6
    Fellow Frogger! R8philSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Vista SA
    Posts
    825

    Default

    Yes Rob. the OD of the splines please. Looks like Frans has it but I would like confirmation anyway.

    Thanks again
    Phil


    Quote Originally Posted by Sunroof View Post
    The spigot shaft into fly wheel is 12mm. Is the other measurement you want the spline diameter?

  7. #7
    Fellow Frogger! R8philSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Vista SA
    Posts
    825

    Default

    Thanks Frans. That's a good warning.

    Phil



    Quote Originally Posted by Frans View Post
    16.5mm OD 20 splines. But be careful because there are different angled splines that counts up to 20 and because the angles of the splines are different, they wont fit.

    Frans.

  8. #8
    Fellow Frogger! R8philSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Vista SA
    Posts
    825

    Default

    Thanks John.
    Phil




    Quote Originally Posted by JohnW View Post
    Two types Phil. The earlier ones have coarse splines and the later ones fine splines, I think both have the same diameter at the flywheel bush.

    You'll presumably be using the later type.

    Call Col R. I suggest if nothing comes through here. I don't have a later one to measure and am away in any case.

    Cheers

  9. #9
    1000+ Posts
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Boonah Qld
    Posts
    2,058

    Default

    Mine is the same as Frans. 16.5mm

  10. #10
    Fellow Frogger! R8philSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Vista SA
    Posts
    825

    Default

    Thank you Frans and Rob. Now knowing what you have told me I think I'll raise up my old post on 'BARNIE the Barn Find progress' Something odd here about the Gbox.
    Phil

  11. #11
    COL
    COL is offline
    A110 COL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Van Diemen's Land
    Posts
    3,098

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R8philSA View Post
    Thank you Frans and Rob. Now knowing what you have told me I think I'll raise up my old post on 'BARNIE the Barn Find progress' Something odd here about the Gbox.
    Phil
    Phil I reckon they have changed the input shaft to one from an R16 to handle the extra power.

    Is there a 6203 bearing in the end of the crankshaft for the gearbox spigot to go into?
    Regards Col

    1973 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1976 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1995 Renault Laguna V6
    2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

    http://alpine-a110.weebly.com/

  12. #12
    Fellow Frogger! R8philSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Vista SA
    Posts
    825

    Default

    Yes Col 6203 Just bought a new one last week and installed it.
    Phil


    Quote Originally Posted by COL View Post
    Phil I reckon they have changed the input shaft to one from an R16 to handle the extra power.

    Is there a 6203 bearing in the end of the crankshaft for the gearbox spigot to go into?

  13. #13
    Too many posts! JohnW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Perth, WA, Australia
    Posts
    8,911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frans View Post
    16.5mm OD 20 splines. But be careful because there are different angled splines that counts up to 20 and because the angles of the splines are different, they wont fit.

    Frans.
    Well well. That I did NOT know. Thanks Frans.
    JohnW

    Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Peugeot 306 XT 1995 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

    National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •