Lag 2 electric windows
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Lag 2 electric windows

Hey

Had battery disconnected earlier, and when had it all back together I set about re-learning the electric windows.

When it came to the drivers window, I inched it down, up, back down and on the last 'up' when it shut firmly I had something plastic snap.

Window no longer moves down or up. Had door card off, I can hear the motor spin in both directions, none of the cables have snapped, checking with a mirror I can't see any frayed cables on any of the corners, all of the clips along the bottom of the window glass seem fine.

Advertisement

It's as if the motor has become disconnected from the main regulator spindle.

I sadly didn't have time to pull the assembly out of the car tonight.

Has anyone experienced this particular fault before?

Thanks

www.retro-renault.com

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Soneji View Post
    Hey

Had battery disconnected earlier, and when had it all back together I set about re-learning the electric windows.

When it came to the drivers window, I inched it down, up, back down and on the last 'up' when it shut firmly I had something plastic snap.

Window no longer moves down or up. Had door card off, I can hear the motor spin in both directions, none of the cables have snapped, checking with a mirror I can't see any frayed cables on any of the corners, all of the clips along the bottom of the window glass seem fine.

It's as if the motor has become disconnected from the main regulator spindle.

I sadly didn't have time to pull the assembly out of the car tonight.

Has anyone experienced this particular fault before?

Thanks
    Some thing like this !

RENAULT Laguna MK2 window regulator repair kit - clips / front

Alain

Quite common unfortunately. It is the plastic clip that breaks most commonly as the above poster mentions.
    Word of caution. A lot of the repair kits on eBay come from European countries, so what they may describe as a passenger side for example will be presumably be opposite for you!

I had an S2 estate and changed 3/4 in 2-3yrs. I had bought the fourth one but sold the car without installing it as I managed to bodge it up. It is easy to buy the whole unit off Renault and change it, a 10 minute job once you know how but around $AUD450, an expensive one. I don't think there he repair parts are available ex Renault - eBay is probably best source.
    KB

COL

Another option is Ali Express if you don't have an Ebay account.

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale...Query=n&page=1
    Regards Col

1973 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1976 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

http://alpine-a110.weebly.com/

Thread Information