Clio Sport - service in Brisbane??
  • Register
  • Help
    rd
    Tadpole

Default Clio Sport - service in Brisbane??

Hey all

Long time no type.. sorry!

Advertisement

My 20,000km service is coming up for my Renault Clio Sport and I need somewhere to take it. I was very underwhelmed with Nissan at the last service and the car needs a looking at. For instance, it is missing at idle.. even I can hear it and Nissan told me they couldn't last time. Admitedly at the last service it was intermittent but still, it was there. Anyway, can anyone suggest a decent place to get it serviced in Brisbane.. or even on the Gold Coast?

Alos, while I have your attention, the front tyres are starting to wear and I was going to switch them with the back ones that are pretty much new. Solid move (I realize I will then have to replace all 4 tyres at once when the back ones do wear out).

Cheers!

Andrew

I know that Renault/ Nissan at Windsor there have just overhauled thier staff. they sacked a total of 24 people, from mechanics through to managers. maybe your next experience might be a good one.

Nice to hear they changed the staff, I'll try them at my 50,000k service see if the new ones are up to the job.

The previous team are unhelpful, unprofessional, even wash my car with hard brush type floor sweeper, scratch my car all over the place. Very unprofessional letting a 12 year old girl washing the car. I was glad I was there earlier to pick up the car otherwise I wouldn't have found out who did the washing. I'm still pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Xsara
    I know that Renault/ Nissan at Windsor there have just overhauled thier staff. they sacked a total of 24 people, from mechanics through to managers. maybe your next experience might be a good one.

rd
    Tadpole

Hmm.. interesting. Glad to hear it as yes, they were pretty terrible. Unless anyone can recommend anywhere else, I will give them a shot. This time I am making a list and going to go through it with the mechanic!

Any other suggestion are welcome!

Thanks guys

a

Clio172

Did u ask them to wash your car or did they just do it ?

Is the warranty voided if the service is done by someone other than Renault ?
    Last edited by ParanoidAndroid; 29th April 2004 at 12:38 PM.

They just washed the car. I didn't request to have my car washed.

Renault should have their own service centre with qualified people who knows renault cars.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoidAndroid
    Clio172

Is the warranty voided if the service is done by someone other than Renault ?
    Servicing can be carried out by any certified mechanical workshop without voiding the warranty but all warranty work must be carried out by a registered Renault dealer who is qualified to service Renaults.

Is it true there are only 2 in Brisbane: Windsor & Springwood ?

Does anyone recommend a non-renault workshop for the CS ?

G

So I think then the answer to rd is dont have the car serviced by Renault at all. I know I certainly wont be when my next service comes around. I havnt had to have a service on my car yet so I cant reccomend anyone but I'm sure if your not limited to Renault then someone can reccomend a 'professional' workshop in Brisbane.

[
    Sienna]My 20,000km service is coming up for my Renault Clio Sport and I need somewhere to take it. Andrew[/QUOTE]

I have had a Scenic serviced 4 or 5 times from new by the Nissan/Renault dealer in Southport (Gold Coast) as well as 2 warranty jobs and have no complaints. They seem to have some of their staff trained by Renault. To what level I would not know. That’s just my two bits worth.

Quote Originally Posted by rd
    Hey all
    Alos, while I have your attention, the front tyres are starting to wear and I was going to switch them with the back ones that are pretty much new. Solid move (I realize I will then have to replace all 4 tyres at once when the back ones do wear out).
    Andrew
    you should rotate your tyres every 10000k, and not just back to front, you need to do them diagonally , i.e. the rear right to the front left and vice versa. this way you make sure you replace all 4 at the same time. never replace one or 2 or 3 at a time.
    Karl
    -----------------

Doesn't switching them diagonally reverse the rotation direction of the tyre?

I thought this was a no-no for Radial tyres - only OK for cross-ply...
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Quote Originally Posted by Europa
    Doesn't switching them diagonally reverse the rotation direction of the tyre?

I thought this was a no-no for Radial tyres - only OK for cross-ply...
    hmm guess so. opps. I think I'm getting things mixed up now, i haven't rotated tyres in a long time, well not my own so that probably why.
    Karl
    -----------------

Do not take your Renault to the Winsor dealer, they do not have a clue what service means. As for mechanical ability, the jury is still out, how many service garages do you who put over 40psi in your very expensive Michelin tyres.

There is a Renault garage next to the Regatta hotel "Renault Westmore" 24 Sylvian Rd toowong, I thought I might try them for the next service.

Unfortunately I do have to take the car back to Windsor for some warranty work and also for them to finish the service that they buggered up.

rd
    Tadpole

Hey

Did you (Spencer) have a phone number for that garage in Toowong. I live in St Lucia so that is pretty handy. I can't find it listed in the whitepages though.

Also, there is a "RenaultCare" in East Brisbane listed. Anyone used that?

Thanks guys!

rd
    Last edited by rd; 24th May 2004 at 02:35 PM.

the one he is talking about is about 100m down from the regatta and about 100m before Wests rugby union. it is actually Westmore Honda. they have a big renault sign out the front though. on Sylvian road.

rd
    Tadpole

Hey

Thanks for that. I gave them a call and the service will be $195 BUT they don't have the diagnostic tools for the Clio Sport. Argh. So, is that a big issue? In particular, the car is missing (even I can hear it missing and my brother [a mechanic] has been able to hear it for ages) and I want them to check what is going on in the engine.

Thoughts?

a

Hello RD

I called the garage too and despaired about them not having the diagnostic equipment.
    I currently have a key which will not start the car and an airbag light which keeps coming on, the mechanics at Winsor Renault cannot get their diagnostic machine to interface with my car. They do not have any imediate solutions either.

Spener172

Spencer 172

I think i saw you a while ago on Moggill Road @ Kenmore. do you have a Renault Club Queenslad sticker on the back window.

if so i again saw you leaving windsor dealership nearl 2 weeks ago.

i was picking up my car @ the same time

on a side note my surname is Spencer

No sorry that wasn't me, I don't have any stickers on the car.
    I have only seen one other silver MK1 Clio in Brisbane. Could have been him you saw.

Spencer172

ok how about this....

i saw a Mk1 clio @ southbank underground carpark yesterday at about 2:30. was that you???

Yes, I'm afraid I am guilty of that one. That was my car.
    Well spotted Reno.

rd
    Tadpole

Hey

You two have a bit of a big brother thing going on there!

Thanks for the help. I think I will have to go with Renault/Nissan Windsor as I want this timing issue sorted out. I have written a big list and will be quizzing them on it though. I will let you know how it goes guys.

rd

I hope you're patient RD.

Spencer

I hope you're patient RD.

Spencer

Thread Information