R15/16/17 Programmable Ignition Upgrade
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default R15/16/17 Programmable Ignition Upgrade

So as I am wrapping up an expensive and timely conversion to fully programmable COP ignition and injection I stumble across this and thought it might be of interest for anyone dreaming of mapping their own ignition curves.

Programmable electronic ignition Renault 12 Gordini

Advertisement

3006882 !!!
    My Experience with 123 ignitions is not good. I work with a man who does a lot of variations on classic MGs. And he has started using 123 about 18 months ago. And he deals direct with Holland. He has installed 12 units, and 5 had problems right from the start. They were returned, and still one of the replaced units was faulty. He now keeps a working unit on the shelf, and when he has problems connects it in to prove to himself the new dispatched unit is faulty. His wiring system is all the same.

I have a Megajolt on Graeme's R8 Gordini, which has been fantastic. Potentz has in his very modified R8 and he has raved about it, and I am fitting one to Sam's A110 as I know they work, straight off.

Ray
    Ray geckoeng

Think Old, But Run Modern !!

John Handley

[QUOTE=3006882;1527751]So as I am wrapping up an expensive and timely conversion to fully programmable COP ignition and injection /QUOTE]

Hi, just out of curiosity, how did you do the fuel injection bit of your project?

Regards,
    John

Fellow Frogger!

Hi John,
    I originally had a pair of DCOE carbs mounted, so I replaced them with the Jenvey throttle bodies onto the original manifolds
    Competition Systems - Winning Edge Technology - TH DCOE Style Throttle Body Pair
    I'm controlling it with the lowest level Haltech ECU and using a trigger wheel in place of the v-belt pulley on a 17TL crank. I'm also using a cam trigger from a VW beetle kit made by CB Performance to make a bastard child with it and the original distributor to sequence the injectors and ignition.
    7073 Micro Cam-Sync

Hopefully I'll be able to let you know if it runs in the next couple of months

John Handley

Many thanks.

Regards,
    John

Thread Information