Test Drive (New) Renault
  • Help

Default Test Drive (New) Renault

To go to the Bastille function at Yea (Victoria) organised by the Citroen (CCOCA / CCCV) and Renault CC's I asked for and got for the weekend a test drive of a Renault. Not sure whether it's because of my son working there but Renault Dealer Management obliged with my request.

It is a Megane GT- Line.

Whilst it is some time since we had a "new" car (Audi Quattro 1.8T 140kW 6S Manual), to hop into a new generation vehicle was / is an eye openner for me. No doubt other makes of similar calibre would be much the same but this Megane is impressive for a 1.2 litre engine with a top speed of just under a whisker of 200KPH with acceleration to suit.

Advertisement

The electronics within is amazing with all safety features with bells and whistles. And to think that when we bought the Audi, we did not even want parking sensers!

Everything seems to operate from an I-Pad screen in order for you to choose many features for your driving style, infotaiment needs.

Any AF's turning up to Yea is welcomed to view (I got a few of brochures on some of the vehicles within Renault's range).

Regards,

John

After driving the Megane GT-Line outside Melbourne, the inmpresiveness I got within Melbourne's road was confirmed - despite the "convey" drive from Doncaster to Yea; it is an impressive performance from a 1.2l engine!

Jenni (wife) constantly was reminding me that it does have brakes you know!

The manual sport mode was made of the 7 speed Auto box and it took a little while to get used to, to changing down - push forward; just like a genuine manual. And who needs Recaro seats. the seat kept Jenni firmly in place without frantically holding on as she has to in our other vehicles (only occasionally that she has to hold on really- not often a Hoon).

Hard to hand it back tomorrow. Nevertheless the Megane will certainly be on top of the list when the time comes to replace our current fleet.

regards,

John

Quote Originally Posted by JAJEA View Post
    To go to the Bastille function at Yea (Victoria) organised by the Citroen (CCOCA / CCCV) and Renault CC's I asked for and got for the weekend a test drive of a Renault. Not sure whether it's because of my son working there but Renault Dealer Management obliged with my request.

It is a Megane GT- Line.

Whilst it is some time since we had a "new" car (Audi Quattro 1.8T 140kW 6S Manual), to hop into a new generation vehicle was / is an eye openner for me. No doubt other makes of similar calibre would be much the same but this Megane is impressive for a 1.2 litre engine with a top speed of just under a whisker of 200KPH with acceleration to suit.

The electronics within is amazing with all safety features with bells and whistles. And to think that when we bought the Audi, we did not even want parking sensers!

Everything seems to operate from an I-Pad screen in order for you to choose many features for your driving style, infotaiment needs.

Any AF's turning up to Yea is welcomed to view (I got a few of brochures on some of the vehicles within Renault's range).

Regards,

John

Thread Information