Renault 12 bits and pieces
  • Help
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Renault 12 bits and pieces

Default Renault 12 bits and pieces

Hey all,
    I've just bought a 1978 Renault 12 1.4 in very original condition, which I hope to get on club plates. However, as always there are bits that need doing.
    My main problem at the moment is sourcing parts. Front shocks will need replacing, I'll require a tail-light, and there's the odd bit of external trim that is missing in action, although a low priority. Then there's the rear brake slave cylinder, LHS drive shaft seal, LHS outer drive shaft boot, outer tie rod end ball joint boots, and rear axle bushes.
    Where the heck do I source these parts? Based in South Gippsland, so Melbourne works for physical locales.
    Cheers, Barry

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Renault 12 bits and pieces-img_7794.jpg   Renault 12 bits and pieces-img_7796.jpg  

I'd try French Connection or Alpine affair. Either should be able to help.

Paul Tomlinson
    R1135 Gordini 1968.
    Jaguar XJ-C V12 1975.
    Alpine GTA- ATMO 1987.
    Jaguar X Type 2002.
    Jaguar XF 2014.

Home *-* renault12shop
    They have been a great help with parts for my R17
    happy browsing
    “Listen very carefully, I shall say this only once.” Cheers. John

Fellow Frogger!

I am in Traralgon and know a local guy with a bit of 12 stuff which is all surplus to his requirements. If you PM me I can give you his contact.
    Brian

COL

There are parts on Ebay too.
    Regards Col

1973 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1976 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

http://alpine-a110.weebly.com/

Yep! replaced pretty much what you are asking after on mine 12m ago from Turkey / Greek / UK ebay

You can find a drive shaft boot that from something modern, take the broken one into repco and ask for something like this. It will be fine.

Slave cylinders are on the ebays.

Wooo hoooo to r12's

Works: 2003 YV Commodore (That is Cecil to you)
    Playing: R12, SuperPos, thinks It's a race car and Sunny the R12 Lego set.
    Previous: SuperGrumpy fuel spitting 504ti(ish), SuperComfortable 505 STI, SuperDoper carried my groceries Mi16, Choo Choo'd Volvo S40
    Wanted Will hoard 12/15/17 Junk.

"More and more of less and less" - Marina Abramović

Goodness it doesn't look like the rust has eaten into the bottom of the things. Good sh1t!

Previous: SuperGrumpy fuel spitting 504ti(ish), SuperComfortable 505 STI, SuperDoper carried my groceries Mi16, Choo Choo'd Volvo S40

Nice looking car. Doesn't look like it's got the usual rust in the nether regions and it's got the later wheels with the hole in the centre so it's going to be easier to find someone to balance them.

Like others has said, French Connection, Alpine Affaire, and Ken Bailey if you can find him.
    The R12 shop has a lot of mechanical, panels and trim and Ebay can be a source for mechanical bits like brake components and consumables and you can probably get a taillight too if you are patient. External trim might be a struggle but as you say, it's not a high priority

Regarding the driveshaft boots, (I presume you're talking about the outers), if you can't get them from the usual local suspects, I got some of the stretch types for a Clio off ebay and they fit. Only thing is you have to remove the driveshaft to fit them. You might be able to do them on the car but you'll obviously have to release the driveshaft from the hub so it's not that much more to remove them completely and move to the comfort of a workbench. You can get split boots that glue together and you don't have to remove the shaft for those. Don't let the driveshafts run dry, while replacements are available they're not cheap and there doesn't appear to be anyone in Australia reconditioning driveshafts any more (at least not here in Brisbane).
    For memory, the boots were less the $25 each (delivered) and that was supplied with the cone, stainless steel ties, and the grease.
    Because they stretch, they feel very flimsy when compered to the original boots but it's been over 12 months since I fitted them and they're still holding up fine. They only have to hold grease in and keep water out so should be okay.

Cheers
    Ren
    "I cannot help but notice that there is no problem between us that cannot be solved by your departure. Mark Twain"

Fellow Frogger!

Ken Bailey is back in business as Parts of France. Works out of alpine Affair. Contact for Ken is 0400 566 119 and email is ken.bailey55@bigpond.com

Thanks all, plenty to chase. And yep, almost rust-free and with an engine showing plenty of compression. Couldn't say no.
    Now the non-gender-specific life choice partner says I have to sell the motorbike to make room for it, but at least she says I can keep all the other cars -- a one-owner (until I borrowed it) '73 Superbug, a one-owner (until I bought it) low-kays '94 Falcon GLi in completely stock condition and an '03 Land Rover Discovery 2a money pit. We've only just recently retired an '02 Saab 9-5 Griffin that (some would say thankfully) cracked the block.

Oh my, you have fun toys!

And that griffin! Gaaaaah I had a hard on for those things for ages.!

RIP Saab.

But keep the bike. You'll miss it. Doesn't take up that much room anyway.

VIV LA R12!

Keep the bike & sell the money pit Disco.! Renaults are much more fun and more reliable.

Looks like a great little 12 in good nick. Well done.
    Cheers, Peter J
    Current - 1974 D Special
    : 1976 16TS
    Previous - 1984 CX 25 IE : 1976 16TS : 1979 12 Virage

Thread Information