P24215 fault code Laguna II G9T
  • Register
  • Help
    dat
    Tadpole

Default P24215 fault code Laguna II G9T

Hi all,

Advertisement

Has anyone come across a P24215 fault code before? Know what it means? I could only find one reference on a German forum to an Espace throwing this code and it being related to a diesel particulate filter.

Cheers

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by dat View Post
    Hi all,

Has anyone come across a P24215 fault code before? Know what it means? I could only find one reference on a German forum to an Espace throwing this code and it being related to a diesel particulate filter.

Cheers
    P 2421 is a generic (common to all manufacturers) trouble code for "evaporative emission vent valve stuck open" according to one site.
    5 ?

It may depend on the type and quality of code reader with its description to be accurate.

Allen

1000+ Posts

The Citroen manual agrees with Alain. P2422 is the opposite - Evaporative Emission System Vent Valve Stuck Closed

dat
    Tadpole

Thanks for the feedback.

The reader's a USB Elm 1.4 that I already had. I downloaded Lap Logger and that's what gave me the code P24215, I'm not 100% confident that the software has given me the right code.

BTW, the dash is saying Check Injection.

dat
    Tadpole

I forgot to mention that it's running in safe (limp home) mode. Would it do this with a stuck evap valve?

Cheers

1000+ Posts

I think it can do, because the code can be generated for reasons other than just a stuck valve; for example if there are other reasons why the vacuum in the evaporative system is not within spec when the system does a self test.

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

dat
    Tadpole

I've had a look over the car and the only faults I've found so far are knackered exhaust hangars and a hole in the intercooler pipe coming off the turbo. I've had a boost leak lead to DPF issues on another car. I'll fix that and see if it clears up.

dat
    Tadpole

The saga continues....

This may be a familiar story but I called the dealer and was quoted over $1000 for a new pipe and it has to come from overseas, no aussie stock. That seems more than a little unreasonable so my plan is to buy 2 off 90 deg hoses and get a steel pipe fabricated to join the gap. That way if it ever gives me trouble again it's only generic tube I have to buy. The steel pipe will last forever.

Anyone else been down this road? I hope I don't have to fabricate every time something breaks.

I won't complain about the $150- intercooler pipe I bought from Ford again. ;-)

1000+ Posts

Which pipe? I strongly suggest you try eBay UK and FR.

While a made up one is also an option, many times you can get parts from the UK much, much cheaper. It's sometimes just a matter of describing the pipe properly on your searches. Lagunas are CHEAP there, so they simply can't sell parts at a huge mark up.
    Last edited by Stuey; 5th June 2017 at 10:53 PM.

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

dat
    Tadpole

Thanks Stuey,

I had a look on ebay UK, FR with no luck. The damaged pipe was the one exiting the turbo. Renault only sell the three pieces going from turbo to intercooler as an assembly.

Hopefully today I'll get my new intercooler pipe from the exhaust place.

1000+ Posts

No worries, keep us informed how you go.

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

dat
    Tadpole

The intercooler pipe repair is coming along, cost me $10- to get a piece of 2" exhaust bent up to suit some stock 90deg bends.

I've found another odd problem though, the insulation on the starter cables (high current, ~12mm) is just falling apart and flaking off. Anyone seen this before? I haven't. Looks like I'll have to replace them as well.....

dat
    Tadpole

I got my new intercooler pipe hooked up and going. All good there.

My clip tool turned up and I have gotten the codes out:
    P242F or DF308 clogged DPF although the loading appears to have dropped after a test
    P0308 or DF025 1.def open circuit pre-heater, multimeter confirms that glow plug #4 is kaput.

I just have to say, getting my large hands into the Laguna's small spaces leads to many scratches, never thought I'd say the 02 Astra I used to have was easier to work on than anything but the Laguna trumps it. Hard to work on!

1000+ Posts

I've seen wire insulation do that, but only when it's subject to high heat near the exhaust manifold.

Astra? I do like how GM Europe lays out their cars under the bonnet and behind the dash etc. Very tidy and a clip for everything,and really good quality connectors etc. Very well made cars.

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

dat
    Tadpole

Mostly the Astra wasn't too bad, doing the timing belt and water pump with the engine installed was a pain. Spent hours scrubbing the water pump cavity in the block, much contorting.

For now my issues seem to be resolved, no more "check injection" message and full power again. With the new glow plug fitted it just needed a run on the freeway to clear out the particulate filter.

There's a few other things to fix but it's quite drivable now. Hooray.

Thread Information