cleanest and ugliest rx4 ever seen on eBay
  • Help
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: cleanest and ugliest rx4 ever seen on eBay

Default cleanest and ugliest rx4 ever seen on eBay

RENAULT SCENIC RX4 PRIVILEGE 79,150KMS MANUAL SUV NO RESERVE AUDI MERCEDES BMW | eBay

Advertisement

How clean is this RX4

Would be hard not to puke on the seats though!!!

Jo

Oh good gracious.

That is the worst colour scheme ever hey. That green or whatever it is was shocking and just to set it off they went baby shit brown leather seats HAHAHAHA
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

Save me Jo. I am thought about getting another one today. AutoParis have one for sale. I am just clocking up too many miles on the Clio, had first 10,000km service in under 6 months HAHA.
    Loving it though
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

80,000 k's in 15 years, must have just taken it to church on Sundays.
    I've got 117000 k's up on mine and I though I was very light on the mileage.

Hey, take it easy HKP, my Scenic is also Vert Abysse (metallic dark green) and I think it's a great colour.
    Looks green on sunny days and blue on cloudy days or night light.
    (Being in Melbourne, it would of course have more of the latter than the former)

Got to agree about the baby-shit yellow seats though.
    I've never seen another Scenic with seats that colour, were they really available from the factory in that colour.
    I'd hate to think someone actually paid extra money to an upholsterer to make seat in that colour.

For less than 2 grand it's pretty good value provided the mechanicals (read, gearbox) are okay.
    Seat covers can hide the seats.

Cheers
    Ren
    "I cannot help but notice that there is no problem between us that cannot be solved by your departure. Mark Twain"

Quote Originally Posted by REN TIN TIN View Post
    80,000 k's in 15 years, must have just taken it to church on Sundays.
    I've got 117000 k's up on mine and I though I was very light on the mileage.

Hey, take it easy HKP, my Scenic is also Vert Abysse (metallic dark green) and I think it's a great colour.
    Looks green on sunny days and blue on cloudy days or night light.
    (Being in Melbourne, it would of course have more of the latter than the former)

Got to agree about the baby-shit yellow seats though.
    I've never seen another Scenic with seats that colour, were they really available from the factory in that colour.
    I'd hate to think someone actually paid extra money to an upholsterer to make seat in that colour.

For less than 2 grand it's pretty good value provided the mechanicals (read, gearbox) are okay.
    Seat covers can hide the seats.

Cheers
    Ren
    I've never seen seats that colour either and I've seen a lot of Scenics. They don't match the rest of the interior so I think someone paid money to do that.
    David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

frenchconnect@bigpond.com

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

Quote Originally Posted by David Cavanagh View Post
    I've never seen seats that colour either and I've seen a lot of Scenics. They don't match the rest of the interior so I think someone paid money to do that.
    That makes the crime against taste even greater!!

Jo

Come on get real
    You can get a Laguna with matching seats for $150
    and he posts to USA no less, what a bargain

Renault Laguna | eBay

Or a crappy automatic R12 with the same brown seats for $1990

1975 Renault 12 GL White Automatic 3sp A Sedan | eBay

Seat covers surely......

1990 Renault 5 GT turbo
    ####current rides####
    1994 205 gti 1.9 sorento green
    1988 205 gti 1.9 uk import grey
    2001 clio 172 sport ph1 #44/85
    1998 306 gti6. Blaze yellow
    1992 Honda Fireblade
    2013 Yamaha fzs sho Jetski
    1998 Supra RZ twin turbo white
    1999 Wrx classic gc8 sonic blue

1000+ Posts

Anyway it sold for $3,301. RENAULT SCENIC RX4 PRIVILEGE 79,150KMS MANUAL SUV NO RESERVE AUDI MERCEDES BMW | eBay

The owner put an ad in the Cars for Sale section of AF this afternoon, but probably didn't find this thread

Cheers

Alec

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jo proffi View Post
    That makes the crime against taste even greater!!

Jo
    Um, when it comes to aesthetics we are not talking about a domain where judgements are objective. It is not as if something is ugly in the same sense as it has a mass of 4 kg or a negative electric charge.

In short, your & others' assertion that the seats are ugly is just a misleadingly matter-of-fact sounding way of expressing your subjective dislike of them.

chacun a son gout!

Peter

Fellow Frogger!

So, ya all don't like the colour of the seats, right? No other comments perhaps? What earth shattering subjectivity!

Fellow Frogger!

SOLD for $3,301 after 54 bids. To whom I wonder? Would have to be a Renault aficionado. Anyone here? Come on, own up!
    I still think that is a bargain for an RX4 in that superb condition. Yellow leather seats notwithstanding. Actually I quite like them.
    Although, being a second hand Renault, that is probably the best one can expect and it probably reflects trade-in value on a new Koleos.

I still think that is a bargain for an RX4 in that superb condition. Yellow leather seats notwithstanding. Actually I quite like them.
    A bold statement indeed without an in depth mechanical assessment of both engine and gearbox.

And undue faith in the seller perhaps.

Who has no requirement to provide any kind of warranty at all.

Sellers of cars gotta love Ebay to avoid complying with Statutory warranty.

79,000 km? Rob, I doubt whether even you could kill an RX4 in that short a distance from new.
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Quote Originally Posted by robmac View Post
    A bold statement indeed without an in depth mechanical assessment of both engine and gearbox.

And undue faith in the seller perhaps.

Who has no requirement to provide any kind of warranty at all.

Sellers of cars gotta love Ebay to avoid complying with Statutory warranty.
    It was niether that killed my rx4... abs issue or more than likely sn electrical fault was its cause of death

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Luck View Post
    79,000 km? Rob, I doubt whether even you could kill an RX4 in that short a distance from new.
    So you have seen the car and confirmed the odo and vehicle condition ? The odos do have six digits I believe.

Aren't you suspicious of what seems a mismatched interior color ?

Have you considered tampering / or swapping out odo body computer parts ?

Life experience has proven to me that if something looks too good to true, it usually is.

Especially on ebay. Where Caveat emptor is the order of the day.

And any bomb car yard would buy it for more than $3.5k as a "from the trade" purchase , so why would a wholesaler bother with ebay ?

Sadly, my faith in motor car traders has been eroded over the years, and now I tend to look for "what is wrong" , rather than as previously"what is right" .

If the purchaser is an AFer I'd be interested in feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by robmac View Post
    So you have seen the car and confirmed the odo and vehicle condition ? The odos do have six digits I believe.

Aren't you suspicious of what seems a mismatched interior color ?

Have you considered tampering / or swapping out odo body computer parts ?

Life experience has proven to me that if something looks too good to true, it usually is.

Especially on ebay. Where Caveat emptor is the order of the day.

And any bomb car yard would buy it for more than $3.5k as a "from the trade" purchase , so why would a wholesaler bother with ebay ?

Sadly, my faith in motor car traders has been eroded over the years, and now I tend to look for "what is wrong" , rather than as previously"what is right" .

If the purchaser is an AFer I'd be interested in feedback.
    These guys seem to buy cars and sell on ebay. I've seen a few Clio's at Manheim that have then come up through these guys with a RWC a week or two later. I was following them on EBay to see what they sold. It tends to be European, prestige or left of centre stuff.

The vehicle was obviously purchased by a connoisseur of unusual interior colour schemes, simply for the visual stimulation it engenders......
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBendigo View Post
    These guys seem to buy cars and sell on ebay. I've seen a few Clio's at Manheim that have then come up through these guys with a RWC a week or two later. I was following them on EBay to see what they sold. It tends to be European, prestige or left of centre stuff.
    With the added advantage (for the seller) of needing no statutory warranty.

1000+ Posts

Finest Gerry Connolly leather.

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Fellow Frogger!

robmac, you may be correct in your assessment that the seller is probably a crook, as many (most) used vehicle sellers are (how do i know, don't ask!). However, I suggest you read the advert again. It states: "Full Renault Dealership Service History" and "Last service 6/4/17" and "all original manuals" etc. All that is easily verified - just have a look at the photos, all fake do you think? The fact that it comes with both keys and clean up-to-date service books in itself suggests a careful owner.
    OK, here is my confession: I am more than half sorry that I did not buy that car, after agonising about it for two days/nights trying to justify such a purchase. I could see myself knocking about in that green/blue RX4, especially with those 'cool' yellow leather seats. Anyway, ya snooze, ya loose!

I would not for one moment suggest that the seller is a 'crook', again not sufficient info.

Some sellers just have a poor memory or (conveniently) don't know or care to disclose the true origins of a car.

Just like the low kms 504 I inspected some 30 years ago as a private sale, that too had a mismatched interior ...... and a well disguised plimsoll line halfway up the doors. As a result of salt water "swim".

The seller was truly apologetic when I made him aware of the fact and was quick to point out the car had a full up to date dealer service history. So it was mechanically A1.

I didn't purchase the vehicle.

Caveat emptor is rule of buying anything.

Thread Information