Considering a Kangoo,
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Considering a Kangoo,

I am considering a Kangoo in the near future, any advice would be appreciated: manual or auto or is the auto used in the Kangoo like most other froggies,in short duds. I will be somewhere around $5000 I think.
    Regards Dennis.

Advertisement

We have an auto one as a delivery van. It's honestly great! Never gets maintenance up to 250 kms and is really good fun!
    406 D8 V6 manual

Quote Originally Posted by cav91 View Post
    We have an auto one as a delivery van. It's honestly great! Never gets maintenance up to 250 kms and is really good fun!
    I hope you are not giving it a good rap so you can sell dalderton lots of spare parts!!!

Jo

Haha, honestly the kangoo is great. Even dad likes it and he hates autos! Anyway we've already sold dalderton parts for his scenic!
    406 D8 V6 manual

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by cav91 View Post
    Haha, honestly the kangoo is great. Even dad likes it and he hates autos! Anyway we've already sold dalderton parts for his scenic!
    Thanks for the info, as you say I have had stuff off you lot and all good,let me know if you get hold of one at the right price.
    Regards Dennis.

I'm with Chris, ours is a great car, great fun to drive and ultra reliable. Ours does all the city deliveries and always driven flat out through Melbourne suburbs often loaded up with heavy engines and panels. It's done 250,000 kms and just keeps going.

We buy and wreck Berlingos because we sell every gearbox we can get but the little Kangoo just keeps on punching way above it's weight.
    David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

[email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks Dave,I thought they were a good thing,I had a Berlingo and liked driving it but the motor and gearbox were nowhere as good as my Clio,also 1.4 engine but the clio is much better.It appears that the Kangoo is built on the clio platform but tuned for the commercial use.
    I will look around and see what I can find.Incidentally can anyone tell me what sort of life the diesel engines fitted to them would expect.Most of the diesels I have seen are up around the 300000km.
    Regards Dennis.

We've had them both and Kangoo is much better.
    David Cavanagh

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by dalderton View Post
    Thanks Dave,I thought they were a good thing,I had a Berlingo and liked driving it but the motor and gearbox were nowhere as good as my Clio,also 1.4 engine but the clio is much better.It appears that the Kangoo is built on the clio platform but tuned for the commercial use.
    I will look around and see what I can find.Incidentally can anyone tell me what sort of life the diesel engines fitted to them would expect.Most of the diesels I have seen are up around the 300000km.
    Regards Dennis.
    When you start talking that sort of kms it all comes down to how there driven and serviced. My 307 diesel has now clocked up 433,000 and still keeps going and many people tell me it's impossible.

The main problem with small vans is usually they were driven by people who didn't own them.
    David Cavanagh

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

[email protected]

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by David Cavanagh View Post
    When you start talking that sort of kms it all comes down to how there driven and serviced. My 307 diesel has now clocked up 433,000 and still keeps going and many people tell me it's impossible.

The main problem with small vans is usually they were driven by people who didn't own them.
    Sounds pretty right to me,I will probably look for the petrol,they go a bit cheaper with lower mileage.If the 1.6 goes better than the 1.4 in my clio I will be satisfied.Another question,what would a kangoo auto box be worth,there is a Kangoo up here going pretty cheap with a buggered auto.
    Thanks for the info. Regards Dennis.

Thread Information