thinking of getting a koleos
  • Help
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: thinking of getting a koleos

  1. #1
    1000+ Posts jo proffi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    8,484

    Default thinking of getting a koleos

    I've had a super fuego, a renault sports megane, but probably the best renault mule was the RX4 or the r16.

    I was looking at 7 seater suv's and weirdo car's like the c4 picasso but got frustrated by the fact that everything in my my taste range was $30-40K. I've become accustomed to the luxuries of leather interior, auto wipers etc etc.
    Dumping the idea of 7 seats opened up a whole new market of 5 seater cars, with the right age/km/price.
    Therefore, am now considering a low milage(40-50k km) 2013 Koleos privilege. Automatic and diesel.

    Anything particular to look out for in these cars??
    Timing belt, gearbox failure, particulate filters etc etc??

    Advertisement


    Jo

  2. #2
    1000+ Posts Kim Luck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Aus.
    Posts
    18,563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jo proffi View Post
    I've had a super fuego, a renault sports megane, but probably the best renault mule was the RX4 or the r16.

    I was looking at 7 seater suv's and weirdo car's like the c4 picasso but got frustrated by the fact that everything in my my taste range was $30-40K. I've become accustomed to the luxuries of leather interior, auto wipers etc etc.
    Dumping the idea of 7 seats opened up a whole new market of 5 seater cars, with the right age/km/price.
    Therefore, am now considering a low milage(40-50k km) 2013 Koleos privilege. Automatic and diesel.

    Anything particular to look out for in these cars??
    Timing belt, gearbox failure, particulate filters etc etc??

    Jo
    No timing belts on a diesel Koleos, Jo, it's timing is chain driven. The six speed slushbox is pretty good, although the engine torque was de-rated to match the gearbox input rating. The particulate filter light will come on every now and then, usually after long spells of city driving short distances. 100km/h+ for an hour will see the light go off for a few months. I try and fit some regular highway driving in every couple of weeks and it seems to keep the particulate filter happy....
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

  3. #3
    1000+ Posts schlitzaugen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    loneliness capital of the world
    Posts
    9,321

    Default

    Ha.

    For some reason, you are re-tracing my son's steps, and are just about to pull ahead. He was looking into replacing his RS Megane and for some reason I thought a Koleos would have met his requirements. Don't think it will happen though, he's too lazy to bother to actually do something until he has to (let's hope his Megane won't meet the fate of yours).

    Oh, by the way, I asked in the other thread what was the tire size on your Megane? My son's has 17" wheels and 245/40 tires, and I felt a really annoying amount of tramlining in it. On cambered roads you can really feel the wheel tug you left. What is the manufacturer recommended tire size anyway?
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

    Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

  4. #4
    1000+ Posts jo proffi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    8,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by schlitzaugen View Post
    Oh, by the way, I asked in the other thread what was the tire size on your Megane? My son's has 17" wheels and 245/40 tires, and I felt a really annoying amount of tramlining in it. On cambered roads you can really feel the wheel tug you left. What is the manufacturer recommended tire size anyway?
    I've read about that characteristic, but mine never did that ( with the same size tyre). Don't know why as the strut tops were cactus and clanked randomly.

    Jo

  5. #5
    1000+ Posts jo proffi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    8,484

    Default

    Drove a Koleos today and will buy it.

    Just need to fit a towbar and it will be perfect.
    Had to giggle about how many interior parts on a 2013 renault were the same as on the 2005 megane.

    Jo

  6. #6
    1000+ Posts cav91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Romsey, VIC
    Posts
    2,350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jo proffi View Post
    Drove a Koleos today and will buy it.

    Just need to fit a towbar and it will be perfect.
    Had to giggle about how many interior parts on a 2013 renault were the same as on the 2005 megane.

    Jo
    Great cars. We used to have a 2010 manual 2.5 petrol (also no timing belt and the easiest car I've ever serviced). Now we have the current shape 2016 koleos. Same engine unfortunately only in auto but drives Great! Good choice of car, much better than Picasso's and 308's!
    2011 Renault Koleos manual petrol, yes it's boring, but not as boring as:
    2017 Renault Koleos auto

  7. #7
    1000+ Posts jo proffi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    8,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cav91 View Post
    Great cars. We used to have a 2010 manual 2.5 petrol (also no timing belt and the easiest car I've ever serviced). Now we have the current shape 2016 koleos. Same engine unfortunately only in auto but drives Great! Good choice of car, much better than Picasso's and 308's!
    Thanks for the confidence.
    Hopefully I won't be supporting your business too heavily with this vehicle.

    This is my first diesel vehicle.
    Was absolutely munching the fuel in the megane (12l+ per 100km) an figured something needed to change.

    Lets see how high i can get this one to read on the dash gauge.

    Jo

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •