07' Laguna, no power
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 07' Laguna, no power

Hello everyone, Im hoping someone can provide some information if possible.

We have an 07 2.2 Dci Laguna, which on Friday night in Brisbane suddenly lost power, it is almost like it is in limp home mode. It will drive, but very slowly, starts is second & will go to a max of 50KPH.

No warnings or faults are showing on the dash, all the oils & coolants appears to be fine & there are no signs of oil underneath.

It has no problems revving in neutral and does not blow any smoke when its being revved, but once in Drive, almost nothing.

Any ideas???

Cheers

Advertisement

Tiddy

1000+ Posts

Only thing I could offer is that in the Diesel Megane, I had the engine cut out while decellarating and a message came up with a problem that a Filter had clogged (carbon filter?) I am sure that someone will be able to fill in more on this for your car. The solution was to drive it through a range of speeds and the filter would clear itself and it did , I think there was some reference in the supplied handbook, but I don't have the Megane car or manual to check the exact terminology. Maybe one of our resident mechanics can assist with better information.

Ken.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by tiddy View Post
    Hello everyone, Im hoping someone can provide some information if possible.

We have an 07 2.2 Dci Laguna, which on Friday night in Brisbane suddenly lost power, it is almost like it is in limp home mode. It will drive, but very slowly, starts is second & will go to a max of 50KPH.

No warnings or faults are showing on the dash, all the oils & coolants appears to be fine & there are no signs of oil underneath.

It has no problems revving in neutral and does not blow any smoke when its being revved, but once in Drive, almost nothing.

Any ideas???

Cheers

Tiddy
    Hasn't blown (or split) a hose off the turbo or intercooler has it?

Ken,
    I don't think the 2.2 diesels had the regeneration carbon filter.
    That nasty surprise came on the 2.0 dCi engines that came in the 'goon 3s.
    Dave
    2008 Renault Laguna 2.0 dCi estate
    2013 Renault Koleos 2.0 dCi 4WD
    ​1997 BMW K1200RS

IR655
    (George Bush Snr): "I'll never apologize for the United States of America. Ever, I don't care what the facts are."

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 68 404 View Post
    Ken,
    I don't think the 2.2 diesels had the regeneration carbon filter.
    That nasty surprise came on the 2.0 dCi engines that came in the 'goon 3s.
    Dave
    Thanks Dave for that, it only happened the once on the megane and I think a symbol came up, and on checking the handbook it gave a solution that thankfully fixed it without having to get the problem professionally checked out.

My only reason for replying was the # of views but no posts.. and, the similarity of effects on the car. I am sure that someone will eventually come up with the definitive fix.

ken

Fellow Frogger!

Hi Tiddy, First thing I would be looking at pinpointing whether fault is in transmission or engine.free revs ok in neutral but no power in drive could be seized stator in torque converter (stall speed test should identify this).not sure about gear selection/control in these,but if is same as my 2002 v6 laguna then it is computer controlled.Engine fault could be as suggested by mistareno of split hose either intercooler or intake.Is it turboed?is turbo seized?.Just a few basic suggestions as am not familiar with 2.2 laguna. jim

If it is in limp mode, maybe the best line of attack (short of taking it to a mechanic) would be to buy an ODBII device to communicate with your car's computer, and pair with your smartphone. With that you should be able to extract codes that 'hopefully' mean something.

Do a google search for "elm37 OBD2". Last time I purchased one from china it cost me $6.

Can also order them from Australia if you are in more of a hurry...
    http://www.dx.com/s/elm327

Be sure to pick one compatible with your phone, as the apple versions use wifi and android use bluetooth to connect. I'd opt for the bluetooth versions, as the iphones are a pain to connect.. if you have an android device.

You could also try disconnecting the battery overnight to clear any possible error codes, but like others have mentioned it sounds like more than an electrical or sensor fault.

I'd try it anyway.

I don't anything about your car, but my (petrol) v6 Laguna didn't like low octane fuel here in TAS, and would last maybe 15km before complaining. Turning the ignition off for 5 mins in my case was enough to reset things, but my brother's Grand Scenic had a fault that required 'resetting' the computer before it would start.

Good luck!

David.
    Last edited by vivid; 25th April 2017 at 03:57 AM.