After 11 years service the Laguna has been traded
  • Help
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: After 11 years service the Laguna has been traded

Fellow Frogger!

Default After 11 years service the Laguna has been traded

Along with Ken and probably a few others we jumped in and bought Series II V6 Laguna in 2006. My brother also bought one.

There was debate at the time with some mentioning that these cars had sat since 2002 before being first registered and complianced in 2005. Gearboxes would fail etc. Well that did not eventuate.

The car was lovely and smooth to drive, every now and again a coil pack would cause the stutters which was a pain to sort out. Renaults extented warranty was purchased $2,000 and was used for oil leaks from sump and cam covers, ball joints.

I think we may have bought three coil packs out of our own pockets. More recently a leaking overflow tank replaced, faulty rear indicator rewired around the fault.

Advertisement

Both rear window regulators broke chewing up the window tint. The front drivers regulator repaired with an imported one from EBay. It lasted around a year before the plastic drive sheared off. I replaced this with genuine one yesterday then traded it in. Traded with two broken rear regulators and clear coat lifting from boot and roof.

We have loved the car, sometimes hated it when it stuttered but soon forgot this when going well.

So all in all not a bad cost to us over 11 years of motoring. 111,000 kms.

So ends our near continuous Renault ownership since 1988. R21, Laguna SI and then SII. We now have three Peugeots in the drive way.

How much for the little girl?
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Fellow Frogger!

$1000. We got $3,000 off the ticket price on the 308. And with the work the
    Repair and recent gumtree experience we were happy with Change over

1000+ Posts

Icon14 Sad to hear your Laguna got "retired" hope the replacement is reliable.

Sad to hear that it has gone Graelin, but I guess everything has to go sometime, Mine is still hanging in there and over the years it has been given plenty to put up with.

Don't want to praise it too much as that might Jinx it,

Got a bit lazy lately, and actually put it in for a service at 313582 kilometres and had the transmission fluid changed and with new fluid, it seems to be running smoother each day. In comparison the Diesel Megane has more bodywork rattles and road noise than the Laguna which just keeps on going, and it is handy as it has a tow pack fitted for the trailer unlike the Megane.

I sort of wonder what will stop it! and will it be worth a new set of tyres when that comes along, funny the coils bless them, seem to have settled down since I put in the white topped ones, and occasionally I clean out the accumulated oil that seeps down from the tappet covers, and it seems happy with that.

The temporary repair that I used to fix the transmission gear release is working so well, I have just tidied up the cable tie fix and tucked it into the broken clicker space, and I reckon that rough repair with see me out (must update the post with a picture) but it is an easy fix

Now touch wood it doesn't get ideas of its own Damn nice car!

Wouldn't mind buying a newer Laguna just for more of the same fun.

Ken.

Thread Information