Griffith muster
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 Last
Results 1 to 25 of 113
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Griffith muster

  1. #1
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    207

    Default Griffith muster

    I will be bringing some Renault parts with me to Griffith, if anyone has a specific part they need, and I've got it, let me know what it is you're looking for and I'll bring it along.

    Advertisement

  2. #2
    Too many posts! JohnW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Perth, WA, Australia
    Posts
    8,356

    Default

    Good of you to post Chris,

    Me too. A bunch of odd things I'll never ever use - 4CV and R8/R10 oddments.

    Look forward to seeing you.

    What MODELS do you have parts for please?

    Cheers
    JohnW

    Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Peugeot 306 XT 1995 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

    Very sad case......

  3. #3
    VIP Sponsor 59 Floride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    It's how I roll...Brisbane
    Posts
    30,491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnW View Post
    Good of you to post Chris,

    Me too. A bunch of odd things I'll never ever use - 4CV and R8/R10 oddments.

    Look forward to seeing you.

    What MODELS do you have parts for please?

    Cheers
    I'll be bringing a bunch of odd things too, about 38 of us last count.

  4. #4
    Member Steve Turner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Thanks Chris. I'm after a pair of 4CV front bonnet hinges.
    Cheers,
    Steve

  5. #5
    Too many posts! JohnW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Perth, WA, Australia
    Posts
    8,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Turner View Post
    Thanks Chris. I'm after a pair of 4CV front bonnet hinges. Cheers, Steve
    And if, which is unlikely, none of us can find you a pair, they are available new ex-France.
    JohnW

    Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Peugeot 306 XT 1995 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

    Very sad case......

  6. #6
    Too many posts! JohnW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Perth, WA, Australia
    Posts
    8,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 59 Floride View Post
    I'll be bringing a bunch of odd things too, about 38 of us last count.
    Far be it for me to make any remarks about the deep North.
    J-man likes this.
    JohnW

    Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Peugeot 306 XT 1995 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

    Very sad case......

  7. #7
    1000+ Posts FIVEDOOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brisbane Qld
    Posts
    16,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnW View Post
    Far be it for me to make any remarks about the deep North.
    Too late
    Any day I wake up and don't have to go to work, is a good day
    Every day is a good day

  8. #8
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    207

    Default

    [Hi John, I'll be bringing 4CV , R8, R10 Dauphine parts mainly . Obviously space is a consideration so I won't have a huge amount.

  9. #9
    Too many posts! JohnW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Perth, WA, Australia
    Posts
    8,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris hartwell View Post
    [Hi John, I'll be bringing 4CV , R8, R10 Dauphine parts mainly . Obviously space is a consideration so I won't have a huge amount.
    Thanks Chris. Do you have any spider wheel Dauphine brake drum assemblies? Rare as hens' teeth but precious. I'll have to think carefully, but to be honest I don't know of anything I need. A perfect R8 steering wheel perhaps....

    Do YOU need anything?

    Cheers
    Last edited by JohnW; 23rd March 2017 at 09:59 PM.
    JohnW

    Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Peugeot 306 XT 1995 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

    Very sad case......

  10. #10
    1000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    rosevale/tasmania
    Posts
    2,197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnW View Post
    Thanks Chris. Do you have any spider wheel Dauphine brake drum assemblies? Rare as hens' teeth but precious. I'll have to think carefully, but to be honest I don't know of anything I need. A perfect R8 steering wheel perhaps....

    Do YOU need anything?

    Cheers
    John, I replaced the steering wheel of my mother's 1966 R8 1100 with an R5 A/G one when the car came across to me when she carked it,.

    You're welcome to the original wheel. It's in good nick (no cracks et c.) except that 30 years of use by her has taken off some of the shiny black plastic outer coating on the rim & exposed a duller deeper layer. Surely you'd put a leather glove on it &, if so, problem solved.

    cheers! Peter

  11. #11
    VIP Sponsor 59 Floride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    It's how I roll...Brisbane
    Posts
    30,491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4cvg View Post
    John, I replaced the steering wheel of my mother's 1966 R8 1100 with an R5 A/G one when the car came across to me when she carked it,.

    You're welcome to the original wheel. It's in good nick (no cracks et c.) except that 30 years of use by her has taken off some of the shiny black plastic outer coating on the rim & exposed a duller deeper layer. Surely you'd put a leather glove on it &, if so, problem solved.

    cheers! Peter
    I know a guy who could apply a brand new shiny black plastic outer coating quite easily..

  12. #12
    Too many posts! JohnW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Perth, WA, Australia
    Posts
    8,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4cvg View Post
    John, I replaced the steering wheel of my mother's 1966 R8 1100 with an R5 A/G one when the car came across to me when she carked it,.

    You're welcome to the original wheel. It's in good nick (no cracks et c.) except that 30 years of use by her has taken off some of the shiny black plastic outer coating on the rim & exposed a duller deeper layer. Surely you'd put a leather glove on it &, if so, problem solved.

    cheers! Peter
    Most kind Peter. Thank you.
    JohnW

    Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Peugeot 306 XT 1995 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

    Very sad case......

  13. #13
    Too many posts! JohnW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Perth, WA, Australia
    Posts
    8,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 59 Floride View Post
    I know a guy who could apply a brand new shiny black plastic outer coating quite easily..
    Might he come to Griffith?
    JohnW

    Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Peugeot 306 XT 1995 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

    Very sad case......

  14. #14
    VIP Sponsor 59 Floride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    It's how I roll...Brisbane
    Posts
    30,491

    Default

    I believe so.

  15. #15
    Member Steve Turner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    41

    Default 4CV bonnet hinges

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnW View Post
    And if, which is unlikely, none of us can find you a pair, they are available new ex-France.
    Thanks John,

    Yes, I see that they are available in France, but I wouldn't get them in time to be fitted before heading off to Griffith, so it'll just be easier to get them there if available.

  16. #16
    Member Steve Turner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    41

    Default "La Marseillaise" air horns

    I should have my new air horns fitted to Kermit before coming to Griffith. I know some of you have been looking for these. They play the opening bars of "La Marseillaise" - 5 horns to the set, including instructions, relay etc. They weren't easy to find, and frankly, unless you speak French (I do passably), trying to order them from the seller (whose English is very limited) would be a nightmare.
    So, I'm going to be taking orders for them. Price is $199.00 the set, which includes postage anywhere in Australia. If anyone is interested, you can contact me now @ [email protected], or on here. Otherwise, see me at Griffith and hear how they sound on Kermit.

    Cheers,
    Steve

    file:///C:/Users/Steve-PC/Downloads/V__C390%20(1).jpg

  17. #17
    VIP Sponsor 59 Floride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    It's how I roll...Brisbane
    Posts
    30,491

  18. #18
    Member Steve Turner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Yes, like those.
    Last edited by Steve Turner; 26th March 2017 at 07:42 PM.

  19. #19
    Member Steve Turner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Although I don't think Fiamm make them any more. At least I haven't been able to find any labelled as Fiamm.

  20. #20
    VIP Sponsor 59 Floride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    It's how I roll...Brisbane
    Posts
    30,491

    Default

    probably Fiamm Wong these days..

  21. #21
    Member Steve Turner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    41

    Default

    These still come from Italy, but are marketed in France.

  22. #22
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    207

    Default

    [Hi John, a Caravelle interior rear view mirror would be nice.

  23. #23
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Sorry Steve, but I don't have any bonnet hinges.

  24. #24
    Member Steve Turner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Thanks Chris. I won't get any from France in time so will just bring some bailing wire.
    Cheers
    Steve
    jaahn likes this.

  25. #25
    VIP Sponsor 59 Floride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    It's how I roll...Brisbane
    Posts
    30,491

    Default

    Does anyone know if Marvin is coming over this year..?

Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •