Toll tag
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By renault8&10

Thread: Toll tag

Tadpole

Default Toll tag

I'm new so go easy on me , just picked my 2015 Megane GT line today and I have a new Breezeway tag to stick to my screen, I understand the windscreen has a metallic film so I'm unsure weather to place it ,on the clear part of the screen or the black shaded area near the mirror .
    Your help would be much appreciated.

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

I have mine on the black shaded area because I tried holding it up with my hand in that location and it worked. Glued it on and it has rarely worked since.

We had my wife's tag on the black dotted part near the mirror in her Scenic for many years, no problems.
    markb2501 likes this.
    KB

Any day I wake up and don't have to go to work, is a good day
    Every day is a good day

Apologies to Fivedoor but;

"Note: Some late model European-made vehicles have metallic windscreens thatrequire a different position for your tag. If your vehicle has a metallic windscreen,an area of it will be covered with dots or be lighter than the rest of the windscreen.In this case, the tag mounting position must be within the dotted or lighter area.Please refer to your vehicle’s handbook for more information."
    It's another lovely day! Again!

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bigpig View Post
    I'm new so go easy on me , just picked my 2015 Megane GT line today and I have a new Breezeway tag to stick to my screen, I understand the windscreen has a metallic film so I'm unsure weather to place it ,on the clear part of the screen or the black shaded area near the mirror .
    Your help would be much appreciated.
    We just put it on the dash for our occasional use of Shittylink in Melbourne. Works ok.
    "We prefer to believe what we prefer to be true"
    Francis Bacon

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JoBo View Post
    We just put it on the dash for our occasional use of Shittylink in Melbourne. Works ok.
    I do the same with my Scenic and its fine but not the Latitude.

I had the tag on the windscreen proper (i.e. clear section) and it didn't work.
    When I moved it to the dotted area near the rear-view mirror it worked.
    Sitting it on the dash would put it in the metalised area of the windscreen so in theory it shouldn't work in that position.
    "I cannot help but notice that there is no problem between us that cannot be solved by your departure."

Tadpole

We had issues with the new E-Tag with our 03 Scenic, not reading through the window and we contacted CityLink and they stated that they would photo the rego plate of the Scenic and bill for use without cost of photo because the Scenic has a metallic windscreen. So now the Scenic does not need a E-Tag and I can use the E-Tag on another car. Have not had a problem since doing that.

Thread Information