Dog gearbox - Page 2
  • Register
  • Help
Page 2 of 2 First 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Dog gearbox

chez00,
    that sounds not so bad what youre offering. One condition has to be considered: I want to have helical cut gears due to the noise on normal cruising what I mentioned several times. Gearwheel producers normally are able to do this with less more charge. How are you going to design the internals? Are you creating CAD models or are you rather "tinker" the gearwheels by measuring and matching by hand? My question is because if we would make this deal, I must be sure to get well fitting spare parts later if somethings going wrong - remember Im living in Germany and I cant send my complete gearbox 3 times a year around the world.....

Basically, I have a set of old gearparts which I could send you, but to conclude the deal there would be many things to be defined before. I think I will create a spec sheet what my intensions are.

Thanks a lot for your offer, well stay in contact.

Advertisement

Udo

geckoeng,
    the Alpine Rallye cars went very late ( I think 1977) to the new rear axle with wishbones and the new gearbox. Not all Drivers were happy with the new car.....The 330 and NG 5 is not that differnet at iht inside shape, its mainly the diif area witht the big openings for the swing axle. To match the gearset, you have to turn a small steel ring at the input shaft to shim the bearing, furthermore, instead of a plastic ball bearing on the NG5 a tapered roller bearing of the older boxes should be used. If you use the bigger diff of the NG3 with 4 gears inside instead of 2 and the thicker axle shafts (same as 364) you have to switch a 11 mm Aluminium shim between the housing and the swing axle Pivot housing to widen the housing.in consquence, the centerline of the engine/gearbox arrangement hast to be shifted by 5,5 mm to the right to compensate the modification. There are some minor matching procedures necessary, as well the linkeage of the gear selection, but compared to what I intend to do its all childrens playground....I have both boxes, 330 and NG5 and i know about I`m talking ;-) What you neeed is of course the 5. speed cover as from the 353...and the Sandwich plate between the cover and the housing....sorry. But all not to complicated for an advanced mechanic.

Udo

Ove

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinelover View Post
    geckoeng,
    the Alpine Rallye cars went very late ( I think 1977) to the new rear axle with wishbones and the new gearbox. Not all Drivers were happy with the new car.....

Udo
    http://www.autocult.fr/wp-content/up...se-1973-01.jpg

Tour de Corse 1973, Bernard Darniche

Cheers Ove
    Sunroof and JohnW like this.

Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread Information