Latitude servicing - dealer or no dealer?
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Latitude servicing - dealer or no dealer?

I have another secheduled service on the car which is great but did contact a dealer yesterday to investigate possible ongoing costs with the car once it is off the plan. Mine is just about to hit 45,000 kilometers and I am extremely happy with it, bar the echoing Bluetooth - to the point where most who call say "are you in the car, if so can you call me later?". Everything else just spot on.

The he quotes I got from a Sydney dealer yesterday were $690 for front brakes including pads, rotors and labor. The 60,000k service $1000.

I would be be anticipating tyres at this point as the Continental ones it came with are wearing really well but I would think by that point it might be time for new ones.

Advertisement

I checked the cost of replacement rotors and pads off eBay and the part costs in the early 200's which is great. Wether they go an and provide non sqeaking reliable performance is another matter. The filters and other stuff it would need I am not sure where to go for these and the dealer mentioned air conditioning service as part of the 60,000k thousand buck affair.

What at do people think with these cars? Get the dealer to do long term or skimp out and go non dealer?

Chris M

Quote Originally Posted by qmusic View Post
    I have another secheduled service on the car which is great but did contact a dealer yesterday to investigate possible ongoing costs with the car once it is off the plan. Mine is just about to hit 45,000 kilometers and I am extremely happy with it, bar the echoing Bluetooth - to the point where most who call say "are you in the car, if so can you call me later?". Everything else just spot on.

The he quotes I got from a Sydney dealer yesterday were $690 for front brakes including pads, rotors and labor. The 60,000k service $1000.

I would be be anticipating tyres at this point as the Continental ones it came with are wearing really well but I would think by that point it might be time for new ones.

I checked the cost of replacement rotors and pads off eBay and the part costs in the early 200's which is great. Wether they go an and provide non sqeaking reliable performance is another matter. The filters and other stuff it would need I am not sure where to go for these and the dealer mentioned air conditioning service as part of the 60,000k thousand buck affair.

What at do people think with these cars? Get the dealer to do long term or skimp out and go non dealer?

Chris M
    If the car is under new warranty, let the dealer do the trivial stuff, like oil changes and filters. This keeps your warranty intact.And use a licenced mechanic to do the expensive stuff.

If it's out of warranty it's your call. Personally, I'd find an non dealer Nissan(it's a Altima clone anyway) service company to look after the brakes. Or even a good qualified mechanic Just keep the invoice to prove the work has been done by a qualified mechanic. If it's in warranty.

You will find RDA will have rotors and pads and fair (trade) price. And their products are good quality.

Fellow Frogger!

Rombac, thanks for the advice. RDA ones appear on ebay quite a bit and I was not sure about the quality. Pleased to hear they are of good quality. I might do some price comparisons re the service. $1690 for front pads and major service seems a bit on the high side. The other option might be to source parts and have dealer fit. CM

The other option might be to source parts and have dealer fit.
    Depending on their "service charter" they may refuse to fit non original parts. It just depends on the terms of their dealer contact with Renault.

Fellow Frogger!

I just called a dealer I have had a long association with. That service $760 and they are happy to supply those RDA pads and rotors. I think that might be the way to go. Chris

Thread Information