'STOP' warning light came on
  • Register
  • Help

Default 'STOP' warning light came on

Hey

Advertisement

Picked up my new car last night. RCS 2002 model, 22000 k's. Im very happy with it But when my girlfriend was driving it last night the 'STOP' warning light came on in the dash just for a moment. What what whaaaat?

Cheers

Josh

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoidAndroid
    Hey

Picked up my new car last night. RCS 2002 model, 22000 k's. Im very happy with it But when my girlfriend was driving it last night the 'STOP' warning light came on in the dash just for a moment. What what whaaaat?

Cheers

Josh
    it came on in conjunction with ESP and ABS light yes? No biggie, renault electrics, if it really bugs you, reboot the car and they will go away
    Karl
    -----------------

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by storms_of_fate
    No biggie, renault electrics, if it really bugs you, reboot the car and they will go away
    It's a worry all French car owners just shrug off electrical faults .. like it's part of the character of the car ... sigh.

- XTC206 -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

It was only the 'STOP' light that came on i think. And as far as i know mine doesnt have ESP. Thanks for the advice

1000+ Posts

Have a look when ur brake light comes on...

As mine wasnt adjusted properly, so i could brake mildly & the system could feel it, but the brake sensors didnt pick up anything & it went into a little fit...

So yeah, check your brake light is comin on as soon as u tap the pedal!

Quote Originally Posted by XTC206
    It's a worry all French car owners just shrug off electrical faults .. like it's part of the character of the car ... sigh.

- XTC206 -
    actually no, I do worry about every little click that is out of the ordinary in my cars. But I had this checked out at NorthShore the first time it happened, they said there were no faults found with the electrical system, and everything had been reset as per new. A few days later, it happened again. So now I know its like that.

Did the ABS light came on if you don't have ESP? The stop light means something is not function (if it works), so it shoudl come on with at least one other light... I think. With mine, if I suddenly accelerate, or drive it hard, the stop/esp/abs lights will come on form time to time, nate's suggestion could also be the case so check it out. If you are really not feeling safe, and I suggest you do this anyways, get the dealer to check it. If there are no faults, then you'd know it happens. But if you reboot your car, and they stay on... you know you have a problem. a real one.
    Karl
    -----------------

It's possible I missed the ABS light but I'm pretty sure it was just the STOP light. It hasnt done it since tho so hopefully it is just a one off or an occasional quirk. I will see the Renault dealer if it continues tho.

KARL,,,

what do you mean by rebooting ur car..... Turning the car off then starting again or restting the computer by taking off one of the battery terminals.... Sorry to sound dumb, but want to know just in case mine does happen....

Thanks..
    Jaime....

"Honda makes power for the hell of it, Renault makes power you can use".

G'day Josh & ppl,

I encountered this problem when mine was new also.

Obviously the dealers that you others (Nate, Karl) use have not known what the problem is. However, when I had the problem the dealers said it was the wiring UNDER the drivers seat which apparently affects this warning light. The fix apparently was to eliminate the connector in the wiring under the seat, and hard-wire it instead.

I believe when people store items (in my case CD wallets) under the seat it can disconnect the wiring connectors and cause the light to flash on intermitedly. If you're not sure how to do this, just talk to the dealer and let them know that this is the procedure that another RCS had gone thru to correct the fault.

If this doesn't fix the problem, there could be a more in-depth reason behind the fault, which fortunately I have not had to deal with.

Karl, Nate anyone else...Make sure you get it fixed tho, this is not a characteristic that you should learn to live with your RCS. Let them know the problem, and if they don't know how to fix it - refer them to the procedure as mentioned above.

See ya'll!
    ~Dave Power` [MY 4] :

"#PW33RR" --- > "PW33RR" 2009 Mazda6 MXR-CD, 2.2L Turbo Diesel - More torque than the last! Geesssuz[/COLOR] HOT
    "#ZEG01F" --- > 2006 VW Golf 2.0L TDI - The torque machine SOLD
    "MY 4" --------------- > 2002 Monaco Blue RenaultSport Clio MkII SOLD
    "XES11V" ---------- > 1999 Mitsubishi Mirage STOLEN

Quote Originally Posted by RCS 20L
    KARL,,,

what do you mean by rebooting ur car..... Turning the car off then starting again or restting the computer by taking off one of the battery terminals.... Sorry to sound dumb, but want to know just in case mine does happen....

Thanks..
    No worries, I meant shut off engine, restart engine. Sorry, working with computers I get into the habit of saying stuff like that

Thanks to dave, I'll keep an eye on it. It has happened recently.
    Karl
    -----------------

Thread Information