renault electric window thingies
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By 68 404
  • 1 Post By philipjh

Thread: renault electric window thingies

Default renault electric window thingies

Whilst i am yet to suffer a dramatic problem with a modern renault, it seems clear that there is a problem with them.

My mate's R19 (ex dave cav /me ) has a problem with the drivers side in that it won't stay attached to the mechanism and drops down, and it seems my new megane has a problem with the passengers side winder in that it only moves a small way before stopping. Not a big drama like the R19 which is a major PITA.

What I'm wondering is, are the bits that break common to all modern renaults, or are they model specific??

The reason I ask….I have a two RX4's with functional windows and before I bin them would like to know if it is worth pulling the window thingies out for spares, or trying to fix the mates R19 with rx4 parts.

Advertisement

Cheers, jo

Jo,
    It seems like it needs to be reset. That front passenger window is reversed, so up is down and down is up...

(On the passenger door switch), completely lower the window using the up direction (I know, I know...). Once it has gone all the way to the bottom hold the 'up' switch, err, down for 15 seconds. Then raise the window all the way to the top using the down key. It may go up in intervals. Once it is at the top hold the 'down' switch for 15 seconds.

That should reset the pinch settings and the circuitry will know where the window is at.

Enjoy the 225. It had an easy life with me, I'm sure it will be driven as intended with you!

Dave
    jo proffi likes this.
    2008 Renault Laguna 2.0 dCi break
    ​1997 BMW K1200RS

IR655
    (George Bush Snr): "I'll never apologize for the United States of America. Ever, I don't care what the facts are."

Fellow Frogger!

Hi Jo,

My recollection is that there is a small plastic/nylon piece that connects the window to the mechanism.

It sounds like this may have broken or become disconnected.

Removing the door trim should reveal all.

Cheers

Philip
    jo proffi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 68 404 View Post
    Jo,
    It seems like it needs to be reset. That front passenger window is reversed, so up is down and down is up...

(On the passenger door switch), completely lower the window using the up direction (I know, I know...). Once it has gone all the way to the bottom hold the 'up' switch, err, down for 15 seconds. Then raise the window all the way to the top using the down key. It may go up in intervals. Once it is at the top hold the 'down' switch for 15 seconds.

That should reset the pinch settings and the circuitry will know where the window is at.

Enjoy the 225. It had an easy life with me, I'm sure it will be driven as intended with you!

Dave
    Fixed.
    Thank you.

Jo

Thread Information