New Koleos Worldwide release date 1 August
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By robmac

Thread: New Koleos Worldwide release date 1 August

Default New Koleos Worldwide release date 1 August

The new Koleos goes on sale in its first market on 1 August. And where does it first go on sale? Not France, not anywhere in Europe, South America, or even China which is expected to be its biggest market, or even Korea where it's made, but some quaint little country underneath the world. Australia is the first market for the new Koleos to go on sale. Even before Korea where it's made.

Not sure if we're being used as guinea pigs for testing, or if local sales increases have given our local arm more sway with head office. $29,990 for auto FWD, seems like pretty good value, and looks nice too.

2016 Renault Koleos:: Australian price and launch timing confirmed for all-new SUV

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

It is a common marketing strategy for all products. If there is some doubt always start in a small largely unknown area and then make a judgement as whether to continue or make improvements. Tassie or NT were often chosen for first releases for that reason. A controversial style of public telephone was trialed in the late 1980's. 5 were made and trialed in places like Cunnamulla. As it turned out it wasn't adopted because the internet and emails came along. So stands to reason. Will sell enough in Aussie to find out the problems before a world wide release.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunroof View Post
    It is a common marketing strategy for all products. If there is some doubt always start in a small largely unknown area and then make a judgement as whether to continue or make improvements. Tassie or NT were often chosen for first releases for that reason. A controversial style of public telephone was trialed in the late 1980's. 5 were made and trialed in places like Cunnamulla. As it turned out it wasn't adopted because the internet and emails came along. So stands to reason. Will sell enough in Aussie to find out the problems before a world wide release.
    I can't imagine what problems a new car would have considering it is based on long established sister vehicles that have been been sold in Oz for years. People must think car manufacturers are stupid. The vehicle will have done mega test miles in many countries of the world before they are let loose on the motoring public. The underpinnings are straight Nissan and are reasonably popular and known to be reliable. The negative comments seem to come from armchair experts most of whom have never even driven either an X-trail or Koleos.
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

1000+ Posts

I have no gripe with the Koleos, just stating a basic marketing strategy. It may be a reason that they are starting in OZ.

The XTrail is going to get a 2.0 diesel at the next facelift. According to Carpoint it should make 140kw (a substantial improvement on the 96kw 1.6 the Xtrail currently gets), and will have a six speed torque converter auto. Could be a great combination if it makes it into the Koloes.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBendigo View Post
    The XTrail is going to get a 2.0 diesel at the next facelift. According to Carpoint it should make 140kw (a substantial improvement on the 96kw 1.6 the Xtrail currently gets), and will have a six speed torque converter auto. Could be a great combination if it makes it into the Koloes.
    No diesel Koleos????

Dave
    2008 Renault Laguna 2.0 dCi break
    ​1997 BMW K1200RS

IR655
    (George Bush Snr): "I'll never apologize for the United States of America. Ever, I don't care what the facts are."

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBendigo View Post
    That would be the 1.6L Turbo engine that is currently in the upmarket Nissan Juke and Nissan Pulsar SSS

In a manner of speaking, the Juke may become a Koleos

Quote Originally Posted by robmac View Post
    That would be the 1.6L Turbo engine that is currently in the upmarket Nissan Juke and Nissan Pulsar SSS

As far as I am aware the current NEW Koleos uses only a 2.5l petrol engine with the faithful elastic band drive, so I'm not sure where a 1.6l turbo fits in. Certainly not available in a Koleos here.
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

I was simply hypothesizing on post 5, as per the quote

But surely it is time to upgrade the performance inline with current competitors ?

A "performance" SUV might be a Porsche Macan or heaven help us a BMW X6. Renault are not competing in that space at the moment and none of Koleos' competitors are either. Manufacturer's power outputs are very sus anyway (my power is bigger than yours) and for almost a lifetime Rolls Royce refused to publish their car's power outputs. I wonder how many horsepower a VW engine loses when it is re-programmed to comply with the regulations? The Nissan powertrain is probably due for replacement soon, my assessment of the vehicle is that it's performance is adequate.

That's a LOT of kW from a 1.6 litre diesel. How much torque is it producing?

Dave
    ​1997 BMW K1200RS

IR655
    (George Bush Snr): "I'll never apologize for the United States of America. Ever, I don't care what the facts are."

Quote Originally Posted by 68 404 View Post

Dave
    The engine in question is petrol engine. It's would be rare to fit a diesel engine to a sports car variant I would have thought.
    Nissan Pulsar SSS
    FWIW the petrol engine delivers 240 Nm of torque.

The engine in question is petrol engine. It's would be rare to fit a diesel engine to a sports car variant I would have thought.

FWIW the petrol engine delivers 240 Nm of torque.
    But you were replying to DanielBendigo's post #7 talking about diesel engines. Hence my surprise at the figures.

Nothing terribly flash at 240Nm for a blown petrol.

Dave
    ​1997 BMW K1200RS

IR655

But you were replying to DanielBendigo's post #7 talking about diesel engines. Hence my surprise at the figures.

Nothing terribly flash at 240Nm for a blown petrol.

Dave

Couldn't agree more. But small displacement Nissan engines generally are quite dated and a bit lackluster compared to some of opposition products.
    68 404 likes this.

Dave
    It's a diesel. 96kw, 320nm. Seems quite a bit for the engine size. Peak power isn't until 4000rpm.

No 1.6 turbo petrol for XTrail or Koleos that I know of. XTrail is currently available with 1.6l turbo diesel. But 2.0 turbo diesel available next year. Hopefully the 2.0 diesel makes it into the Koleos.

1.6 turbo petrol could make an interesting addition. Sold in the Clio currently and new Megane GT, but also sold in the Espace, Scenic and Talisman overseas.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using aussiefrogs mobile app

Thread Information