Caravelle Boot
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Caravelle Boot

Default Caravelle Boot

Hi everyone. The boot to my 1962 Caravelle is rusting out and I know I am looking for the impossible, but here goes. Does anyone have a boot for a Caravelle that does not have rust that they are willing to part with. I have had a quote to cut out the old boot and rebuild, but would prefer to replace with an original from another car if possible.

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 62Caravelle View Post
    Hi everyone. The boot to my 1962 Caravelle is rusting out and I know I am looking for the impossible, but here goes. Does anyone have a boot for a Caravelle that does not have rust that they are willing to part with. I have had a quote to cut out the old boot and rebuild, but would prefer to replace with an original from another car if possible.
    I think that cut out & weld in new steel is a better option anyway but . . . .

cheers! Peter

somewhere! Pilbara, Bowen Basin, Melbourne?

Yeah I have one on one of my Florides, not really keen to part with it though as that Floride is set up as a Caravelle.
    But I could be tempted.
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

Just to confirm what I am after. The boot is at the front of the car and I am looking to replace the boot compartment- above the spare wheel, which has rusted out. Hoping to find someone that has a front half shell that has the boot area in good condition that has not rusted.
    Twenty years ago I got the car body re-built and the only thing that did not get done was the boot area and now I am regretting that decision.
    I know I am after the impossible, but no harm in asking.
    Mark

Ah, sorry I miss understood. You want the boot floor.
    Good luck finding that in a parts car that's not rusted out, or even in a running car for that matter.
    You can get a boot floor or even a floor pan from Europe that someone does. Can't remember the price but if you read through autotitre/Floride/Caravelle forum its in there somewhere. Not sure what price you were quoted here or if this replacement will end up cheaper but it looks close to original from memory.
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

Whatever happened to that floorless Floride? The stripped car where the restoration project had to be discontinued. I thought it was in the for sale section but can't find it. It may be a suitable donor if it hasn't found a home.
    1963 Renault R4 Van
    1964 Renault R4
    1967 Volkswagen 1300 Deluxe
    1969 Renault 8 Gordini 1300
    2002 Land Rover Defender Td5 130 - ex-CFA Region 4
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup

Not sure what happened to Gerard's Floride, he might still have it, last I saw he'd bumped the thread.
    But I think it had no boot floor either, which is normal when the floor pan has gone so would the boot floor.
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

Fellow Frogger!

I have that car now which is not too bad in the rust department. The boot floor is really good as is most of the shell so its not destined to be a donor.

I will have some redundant parts such as the radiator panel, engine lid and associated cooling system as my intention is to fit a 1600 A110 style alloy motor with front radiator as mentioned in the restoration thread.

Thread Information