I should have known better...
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 Last
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: I should have known better...

Default I should have known better...

It had a recall for a seatbelt, which was replaced yesterday by the dealer.

One trim piece bent, another loose probably missing a screw, and I can see a loose part floating around inside the c pillar.

FFS... Now I need to make another trip, demand the new trim part and spend some time pulling it apart again to fix it... No way these idiots are laying a finger on it ever again!!!!!!

$20 says they used a rattle gun on the seatbelt bolts too... I'll undo them all and retorque them.

It's depressing that I am in no way suprised so called "professional" mechanics made a mess of a simple job

Advertisement

pretty disappointing.
    but how is the Clio going, generally? still happy with it?
    (parked my 205 next to one the other day, the Clio seems twice the size.
    20 years ago I had use of a friend's new Clio for a day in England, cheapest specs,
    auto, but chuntering through Ashdown Forest, a revelation compared to my dear
    boyracer Datsun 1600 at home, the chassis and brakes.)

It's great. Engine took a good 3000kms to loosen up and now performs really well. A trip back home to Castlemaine was a good run in trip, especially some of the back roads around Heathote!!! Great to drive, nippy, tourqey, comfy and corners like a Clio.

The 3 cylinder engine is such a little cracker, sounds great and is very willing. Not as sporty a tune as the Ford eco boost 3 pot, but a bit more usable with torque coming in low.

Am resigned to it effectively having no warranty though - no interest in anyone other than me ever working on it... Keeping it away from "qualified mechanics" is the only way to ensure its not ****ed up...
    lozenge, jaahn and Whippet like this.

COL

Quote Originally Posted by Haakon View Post

One trim piece bent, another loose probably missing a screw, and I can see a loose part floating around inside the c pillar.

FFS... Now I need to make another trip, demand the new trim part and spend some time pulling it apart again to fix it... No way these idiots are laying a finger on it ever again!!!!!!

$20 says they used a rattle gun on the seatbelt bolts too... I'll undo them all and retorque them.

It's depressing that I am in no way suprised so called "professional" mechanics made a mess of a simple job
    This sort of service is one of the reasons I do not buy new cars.

Its pretty sad when you get a nice new toy and these muppets turn it into a second hand piece of junk, I can understand your disappointment.
    Regards Col

1973 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1976 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

http://alpine-a110.weebly.com/

Bugger.

Complain to Renault and take it back? I guess the inconvenience factor is big in your case. Our local Renault dealer is 15 minutes and maybe four traffic lights red! But, I've never had a new one either.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

To be serious, a lot of companies now seem most reactive to complaints on Twitter, that is certainly where I'd aim my gripes - and basically straight away.

That means id have to learn how to use twitter or farce book... Don't have either.

I have to drive out first thing Monday to show them, that's an hour out of my life. And fuel. And a days parking instead of riding to work like usual.

It's been driven too - mirror was adjusted... Why?

Twitter is not hard, and with an iPhail you can block it's tentacles quite easily. Join up using a burner email account.

I have pretty serious contempt for Twitter as well, but the suggestion is a serious one aimed at getting people higher up to "do something" sooner and more effectively. Open the account to get the car sorted, then deactivate it soon as the result is obtained.

Otherwise you are complaining to the people who already implicitly endorse the culture which caused your problem!

The main difference is the complaints people deal with just one customer at a time, and losing one customer isn't such a huge issue.

The Twitter people are in marketing, and perhaps have a bit of a surreal experience of their brand and want to do all they can to keep that ignorance. They'll want to make you (and everyone else) just as happy about Renault as everyone else.

How does the 3cyl go on the big hills?
    addo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBendigo View Post
    How does the 3cyl go on the big hills?
    With the cruise set on 105 and left in 5th it dropped down to about 90 across Big Hill, but its a bit perkier now and I reckon it would hold 100 now.

It would happily launch up it way faster in 4th.
    DanielBendigo likes this.

The radio station was changed too... That is a fairy serious lack of respect for someone else's car.

That is a fairy serious lack of respect for someone else's car.
    Did you loan it to your godmother?

Nope. I had it on Radio National which is what is usually on in the car (when I don't have a bit of Tool or Radiohead or Nils Frahm cranking...), someone had changed to a sports channel. There is NEVER any sport media of any sort ever playing in my car...
    N5GTi6 and Kenfuego like this.

Haakon, I think you are a bitter and twisted individual. I have never shied away from having my new Renaults (6 in total) serviced by a Renault dealer and have always had great results. Especially if I complained about something being not done right. It is your solemn duty to report your dissatifaction with the recall to the dealer or to Renault Australia. Otherwise you deserved what you got. Five years of warranty is not to be sneezed at and can be worth a lot of money if you need it. For f**ks sake, you bought a bare arsed min spec Clio, not a Rolls f*****g Royce!

I'm sure there are different levels of service for different price categories of vehicles............
    Last edited by Kim Luck; 2nd July 2016 at 09:58 PM.
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Yeah, its the ****ing principle. I did buy a base model so I didn't have to worry too much about it, but its not about the actual car really... It's just having careless ****wits screwing up my stuff.

I take care of my stuff regardless of its cost on the basis I am not a sloppy careless idiot and value nice things and like to keep them that way.

Its really not hard to do things right. Whatever your job is, do it properly or do something else.

COL

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Luck View Post
    I'm sure there are different levels of service for different price categories of vehicles............
    Why should that be so Kim?
    Regards Col

2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

Quote Originally Posted by COL View Post
    It shouldn't and I doubt its really the case. There might be a greater level of suck at the front desk to stroke the egos of the well healed, but the monkeys in the "workshop" are the same.

The well healed are less likely to either check the work or understand what they're looking at.
    DanielBendigo likes this.

With the cruise set on 105 and left in 5th it dropped down to about 90 across Big Hill, but its a bit perkier now and I reckon it would hold 100 now.

It would happily launch up it way faster in 4th.
    Hmm, not too bad at all for less than a litre. I normally hit the bottom of Big Hill at 110, and am usually on 98/99 at the top in the 1.4. Foot right to the floor the whole way up in 5th gear.

As I have found from a lifetime of selling stuff people who pay more for everything don't just expect better service, they actually get it. Superior service costs more, which is why I don't/can't stay in five and six star hotels. Do I have to explain more?
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Indeed, it's why I will go out on a Sunday evening in gale conditions to adjust a lobby door closer...
    gsmack and nota like this.

It shouldn't and I doubt its really the case. There might be a greater level of suck at the front desk to stroke the egos of the well healed, but the monkeys in the "workshop" are the same.

The well healed are less likely to either check the work or understand what they're looking at.
    The level of service you receive is what you deserve. You can be a multi millionaire but in Macca's you get exactly the same service as a "well healed" denizon of Doveton on the dole. I don't eat at Maccas, I prefer a local family run restaurant. Cars cost a little more than a Big Mac, and you can chose whoever you like to service your car, but it's no hamburger and the guys who represent it's maker are the people to trust. I repeat: It is your solemn duty to report your dissatifaction with your recall to the dealer or to Renault Australia.

The level of service you receive is what you deserve. .[/COLOR]
    We have very different ideas of what constitutes "deserved"...

I will be there at 8am on Monday morning to point out their slackery, that will hopefully give me enough time to get home and ride to work and not be too late. Don't really want to have to pay for parking on top of the inconvenience and time required to fix their shit.

COL

As I have found from a lifetime of selling stuff people who pay more for everything don't just expect better service, they actually get it. Superior service costs more, which is why I don't/can't stay in five and six star hotels. Do I have to explain more?
    It does matter if it a 3 or 5 star hotel we all expect clean sheets and a clean room, the same goes for when a car goes in for a recall or a service. You expect the collect the car in the same condition you dropped it off in, not with trim broken or parts missing etc.
    Regards Col

2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

We have very different ideas of what constitutes "deserved"...

I will be there at 8am on Monday morning to point out their slackery, that will hopefully give me enough time to get home and ride to work and not be too late. Don't really want to have to pay for parking on top of the inconvenience and time required to fix their shit.
    If you don't complain, your service won't ever improve........it should be 100%, OR BETTER.

It does matter if it a 3 or 5 star hotel we all expect clean sheets and a clean room, the same goes for when a car goes in for a recall or a service. You expect the collect the car in the same condition you dropped it off in, not with trim broken or parts missing etc.
    This dealer is obviously not aware of his/her service teams shortcomings....

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Thread Information