The boys are back together a bit longer:
  • Register
  • Help

Default The boys are back together a bit longer:

Renault Sport Racing to continue Red Bull Technologies partnership - Renault Sport

Advertisement
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Icon6

G'day,
    silly me, I thought you were referring to something entirely different.

Python in toilet bites Thai man on penis - World News - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

regards,
    Les W.

206 GTi 180
    the stealth Pug
    Did I do anything last night that suggested I was sane?

Les W,
    I recon your topic is more realistic ...... !!!!

Renault are now using RB as they have no clue what to do to the motor to get it to go, as I believe a very large portion of the current updates were RB's TAG team. Just proves there is still too much politics at Renault all the way up. They are all jockeying for positions, and don't have RENAULT at heart. Typical Corporate !!!

Ray
    Ray geckoeng

Think Old, But Run Modern !!

Quote Originally Posted by geckoeng View Post
    Les W,

Renault are now using RB as they have no clue what to do to the motor to get it to go, as I believe a very large portion of the current updates were RB's TAG team. Just proves there is still too much politics at Renault all the way up. They are all jockeying for positions, and don't have RENAULT at heart. Typical Corporate !!!

Ray
    I'm not sure whether to take you seriously or not. I'm not sure where the current original F1 Specs came from but I have no doubt that Mercedes had a lot to do with a design they had already and in secret perfected. Far from Renault not having a clue about their engines, I'd suggest they have been hamstrung by stupid regulations, which were essentially designed to keep Mercedes status quo intact for as long as possible. No conspiracy, just germanic business as usual.
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Icon6

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Luck View Post
    I'm not sure whether to take you seriously or not. I'm not sure where the current original F1 Specs came from but I have no doubt that Mercedes had a lot to do with a design they had already and in secret perfected. Far from Renault not having a clue about their engines, I'd suggest they have been hamstrung by stupid regulations, which were essentially designed to keep Mercedes status quo intact for as long as possible. No conspiracy, just germanic business as usual.
    G'day Kim,
    I am always serious, it is just sometimes I have trouble putting my ideas across to people.
    regards,
    Les W.

206 GTi 180
    the stealth Pug

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by geckoeng View Post
    Les W,

Ray
    The exact opposite actually. It's been Renault's improvements (and a lack of a competitive alternative for Red Bull) that has meant the partnership will continue.

Red Bull can't modify the Renault engine at all (the regulations forbid it). Red Bull have entered into a pure sponsorship agreement with TAG, but it's a simple re-branding of the Renault engine. Renault was pretty disgruntled last year when Red Bull were publicly critical of Renault, so they have pulled the Infiniti sponsorship and now charge Red Bull for the engine supply.

During the off season, Renault spent a few tokens on changes to optimize the turbo changes made at Brazil last year.

These were quite successful and the engine has had improved power, reliability and driveability this year whilst still trailing the Merc and Ferrari in outright power. Red Bull and their drivers have been pretty positive about the changes, particularly the driveability.

In the Barcelona test last week, they introduced a substantial combustion chamber upgrade. The results were very encouraging, so they pushed the start date forward from Canada to Monaco, but they could only produce 2 engines. The new engine is being used by Ricciardo and Magnussen at Monaco. It is rumored to have 30-40hp more power than the old spec and will be worth 4/10 a lap on most circuits (only 1/10 in Monaco).

That combustion chamber upgrade is likely to have introduced a version of the Mahle 'Turbulent Jet Ignition' design used by Ferrari and Mercedes for some time.

The TJI system uses a small pre-chamber mounted alongside the spark plug. A small amount of fuel (around 3% of total fuel) is injected into the pre-chamber and ignited. The pre-charge explodes out through several orifices in the bottom of the pre-chamber in jets that ignite the main charge below.

It allows much leaner mixtures to be used which allows more boost to be used and still fall within the fuel flow requirements.

A similar system is pictured below, but the F1 system uses only 1 injector - the injector in the system below is ONLY for the pre-chamber. Another (not pictured) injector is used for the main combustion chamber.

Last edited by mistareno; 29th May 2016 at 09:48 PM.

Icon6

Quote Originally Posted by mistareno View Post
    G'day
    apparently it is Sunday evening, so, 'nozzle with orifices'. [intended to be humourous ]

The boys are back together a bit longer:-nozzle.jpg
    regards,
    Les W.

206 GTi 180
    the stealth Pug

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by pug206gti View Post
    G'day
    apparently it is Sunday evening, so, 'nozzle with orifices'. [intended to be humourous ]

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nozzle.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	84890
    Do you have lean burn?

No, but I've heard he has an afterburner particularly after curries.
    KB

Thread Information