• Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 4cvg

Thread: Renault Clio R.S. 16 Concept - Video

Default Renault Clio R.S. 16 Concept - Video

Renault Clio R.S. 16 Concept

Advertisement

COL

I have often wondered how a turbo RS Megane motor would go in a RS Clio.

Wasn't sure if the motor would even fit in the engine bay.
    Regards Col

1973 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1976 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

http://alpine-a110.weebly.com/

As the Megane R.S. is probably in it's last ever iteration it's not inconceivable that it's illustrious place might be taken over by the Clio, which is a newer platform and good for a few more years development, n'est-ce pas?

The Alpine in some of it's versions is due by the end of this year and I don't think the Regie want the Megane R.S. range to detract from the Alpine concept.
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

somewhere! Pilbara, Bowen Basin, Melbourne?

I went and drove a new Clio Trophe last month and I say bring back the 2ltr Clio 6 speed (with clutch and stick), just wish it comes in a four door.
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

COL

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Luck View Post
    As the Megane R.S. is probably in it's last ever iteration it's not inconceivable that it's illustrious place might be taken over by the Clio, which is a newer platform and good for a few more years development, n'est-ce pas?

The Alpine in some of it's versions is due by the end of this year and I don't think the Regie want the Megane R.S. range to detract from the Alpine concept.
    I can't see Megane RS range detracting from the new Alpine A120, because the RS cars are based on family sedans like the Gordini's were. The Alpine A120 is a 2 door 2 seater.
    Regards Col

2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

Quote Originally Posted by COL View Post
    I can't see Megane RS range detracting from the new Alpine A120, because the RS cars are based on family sedans like the Gordini's were. The Alpine A120 is a 2 door 2 seater.
    The original Alpines were also based on a family sedan. The R8 floorpan and powertrain, anyway!

My comments on the RS are based on the fact that I wouldn't fit in the back of an RS275 and neither would anyone else. It's a two door two seat sports car just like an Alpine that is also a lot cheaper.

An RS 275 Clio could be more of a giant killer than the Megane RS being smaller and lighter and already having a reputation as a "handler" but still be perceived to be a bigger distance away from the new Alpine, I'm thinking.

My comments regarding the possibility of the existing or a future RS Megane hiving sales from the soon to be released Alpine still stand, I think.
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

COL

The Alpine A106 was based on the 4CV floor pan with a fiberglass body.

The Alpine A108 has a backbone chassis with fiberglass body which is not based on any Renault mode and uses Renault dauphine suspension and drive line.

The Alpine A110 has a back bone chassis and a fiberglass body which is not based on any Renault model, it uses R8 suspension components and Renault drive train components.

The A310, GTA & A610 were also built along these lines but I consider them more Renault than Alpine because Renault had taken control of Alpine during the development of the A310.

All the RS cars are built from a Renault Clio or Megane body.

The RS265 Trophy and the like have just had the back seats removed and some scaffolding erected in the back. (according to Jeremy Clarkson).
    Regards Col

2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

Quote Originally Posted by COL View Post
    The Alpine A106 was based on the 4CV floor pan with a fiberglass body.

The Alpine A108 has a backbone chassis with fiberglass body which is not based on any Renault mode and uses Renault dauphine suspension and drive line.

The Alpine A110 has a back bone chassis and a fiberglass body which is not based on any Renault model, it uses R8 suspension components and Renault drive train components.

The A310, GTA & A610 were also built along these lines but I consider them more Renault than Alpine because Renault had taken control of Alpine during the development of the A310.

All the RS cars are built from a Renault Clio or Megane body.

The RS265 Trophy and the like have just had the back seats removed and some scaffolding erected in the back. (according to Jeremy Clarkson).
    I forgot to mention the details,eh? The RS Meganes are two seaters with two doors, non?

COL

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Luck View Post
    I forgot to mention the details,eh? The RS Meganes are two seaters with two doors, non?
    Yes they are but all except the Trophy's have back seats designed to take passengers.

The RS Meganes and Clios are just factory hotted up family sedans like the Gordini's were.

The new Alpine A120 will be competing for sales against cars like Lotus Evora, Porsche Cayman, Alfa Romeo 4C, Lotus Elise, etc
    Regards Col

2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

1000+ Posts
    Kim Luck likes this.

Thread Information