R12 parts
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: R12 parts

Default R12 parts

Guys,

Advertisement

Anyone know the part numbers for the distributor cap and rotor for the Bosch distributor fitted to the R12 1251cc (842-01) motor.
    I did a search but it turned up hundreds of posts and after spending a hour trawling through them without success I figure it's going to be quicker to ask.
    The PR1012 parts manual doesn't have the Bosch type listed and the Bosch website is totally useless.

Cheers
    Ren
    "I cannot help but notice that there is no problem between us that cannot be solved by your departure. Mark Twain"

“Listen very carefully, I shall say this only once.” Cheers. John

Hello Shoji,

No, the European versions had Ducellier distributors.
    The Australian built 12's (well the early ones anyway, don't know about the later ones) had locally sourced Bosch distributors to get the local content up.
    The same Bosch distributor was used in the locally assembled Pugs and a few other cars of the period.

Cheers
    Ren
    "I cannot help but notice that there is no problem between us that cannot be solved by your departure. Mark Twain"

1000+ Posts

My 1976 model had a Ducellier.

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Bosch / Lucas reference is GB708 for the cap, also used on mid-1970's Toyota Corolla and Valiant Galant where they were fitted with an Aussie Bosch dizzy.

Rotor is Bosch / Lucas reference GB73, also used on a plethora of other Aussie cars from Holden to Valiant.
    1963 Renault R4 Van
    1964 Renault R4
    1967 Volkswagen 1300 Deluxe
    1969 Renault 8 Gordini 1300
    2002 Land Rover Defender Td5 130 - ex-CFA Region 4
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup

Thanks Simon, I knew someone would have the answer.

I would have a cap for you ren. No rotor though. Simons numbers are spot on and should be easy to get on scheep online
    4's 16's and Caravelle

I put some new plugs in on the weekend which cured the misfire.
    The plugs fouled twice in a month so I've gone to next hotter plug in the range.
    I only do short trips so the motor barely has enough time to warm up which could be fouling them.
    (And I think the carby is running rich but I'm not familiar with the Solex on the 12's, only the Weber).
    I'll shop around online for the cap and rotor as they do look well used and could do with replacing anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by REN TIN TIN View Post
    The plugs fouled twice in a month so I've gone to next hotter plug in the range.
    I only do short trips so the motor barely has enough time to warm up which could be fouling them.
    (And I think the carby is running rich but I'm not familiar with the Solex on the 12's, only the Weber).
    I'll shop around online for the cap and rotor as they do look well used and could do with replacing anyway.
    The boys at French Car Care should have rotor and cap. If not they will get it within a couple of days, will be a better result than ebay.

French Car Repair in Brisbane | 474807906 - French Car Care

COL

Quote Originally Posted by REN TIN TIN View Post
    A previous owner may have fiddled with the adjustments of the carbie, from memory there are a couple of adjustments near the butterfly shaft that are factory set and should not be adjusted. The idle mixture and speed is set with the adjusters on the side of the carbie.
    Regards Col

1973 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1976 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

http://alpine-a110.weebly.com/

I'm sure Richard can get the parts in without any difficulty or even have them on the shelf.
    The trouble is I just don't have the time to get there.
    My work is only about 15km from East Brisbane but getting there before 5 in peak hour is a real struggle.
    Unless it's some place near to work, open on a week-end, or I'm in desperate hurry, I tend to go with Ebay.
    The price and/or quality isn't always any better but the parts are delivered (usually, unless Australia Post are too lazy and then it becomes an even bigger pain in the ar*e).

There's a Ripco a couple of buildings away, I'll give them a try first.
    I wouldn't dream of going to Ripco for any other Renault parts but as these are common to other Aussie built cars there's a chance they could have them.

Or I might take the easy way and just book the car in for a tune-up with French Car Care.

Cheers
    Ren

Thread Information