All New Koleos - Spring 2016
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Haakon

Thread: All New Koleos - Spring 2016

Administrator

Default All New Koleos - Spring 2016

Sorry if its a repost, but I noticed there are some shots on the Renault Aust websites of the all new Koleos.

Advertisement

http://www.renault.com.au/vehicles/f...all-new-koleos

All New Koleos - Spring 2016-renault-koleos.jpg

Fellow Frogger!

It looks like a Nissan Pathfinder with a different nose. Which i expect it is as the last one was an X-Trail.

Quote Originally Posted by dave_R16TS View Post
    It looks like a Nissan Pathfinder with a different nose. Which i expect it is as the last one was an X-Trail.
    This new generation Koleos is also a Nissan X-Trail under the skin. It'll be released as a 5 seater initially in Australia at the end of 2016, with a 7 seat option being offered later in 2017.

Renaults version of the smaller Nissan Qashqai, the 5 seater Renault Kadjar, won't be offered in Australia, even though it's offered in the UK.

There's talk however, that we may see the 7 seater new generation Renault Scenic in Australia, even though only the 5 seater Scenic has been released.
    2016 Holden Astra RS-V 1.6L Turbo Manual Hatch - Current Drive
    2013 Peugeot 2008 Active 1.6L Auto Wagon - Current Drive

2006 Renault Megane Expression 2.0L Auto Hatch - Past Drive
    2013 Renault Latitude Privilege 2.0L dCi Auto Sedan - Past Drive

2008 Renault Laguna Dynamique 2.0L dCi Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    2002 Renault Laguna Privilege 3.0L V6 Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    1995 Renault 19 Alize 1.8L Manual Sedan - Past Drive
    1998 SEAT Cordoba SXE 1.6L Manual Sedan - Past Drive

Gawd. Another fugly kiddie crusher for the appendage challenged. Yawn.
    REN TIN TIN likes this.

Weighing in at the same or less than a Holden Commodore or Ford Falcon and having better vision for the driver and no less agility let alone performance and safety I think your bias against small four cylinder station wagons is now a little past it's use by date, mon ami!
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

[QUOTE=Kim Luck;1440689 having better vision for the driver
    [/QUOTE]

With a get ****ed to everyone else attitude. But now with the ****ing things making half the car sales, the better vision argument goes a bit tits up.

Quote Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
    With a get ****ed to everyone else attitude. But now with the ****ing things making half the car sales, the better vision argument goes a bit tits up.
    Vision is still 50% better than those other flat little bits of crap.......Plus, I don't care what kind of car I drive (and I've driven everything from a moped to a semi-trailer) I always have the same attitude anyway, so your bias just keeps showing.........
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by dave_R16TS View Post
    Today's write up in the CAR section of my local paper:

"KOLEOS AHEAD OF THE PACK!
    At the recent Beijing motor show leading the pack of new SUV's was the new Renault Koleos which is pushing up-market with a bigger body, better interior bling and more active driving aids like emergency braking, lane departure alert, reversing camera, auto high/low beams, portrait style digital display for infotainment, active cruise control and auto parking. It is based on the Nissan X-Trail."

All very nice but I won't buy it - too big and too much like all the other SUV offerings - hard to distinguish from the Nissan, Kia and Hyundai rivals - and that is exactly why it should do well here, now that it has joined the 'mee too' line up. Regrettably the exclusivity is gone. Don't know about that name though in the Australia market. Personally, I had my heart set on the smaller Kadjar which is going gangbusters in Britain and Europe - for good reason. Pity.

Thread Information