Laguna comparison
  • Register
  • Help

Default Laguna comparison

Has anyone here moved from a 2.2l diesel Laguna to the latest model and if so, how do they compare (e.g. auto gearbox from 5 to 6 speed etc.). The later tourer (wagon) is a fair bit longer for a start!

Advertisement
    2014 C5 2.2 HDI Limited Edition Sedan
    2007 C5 2.2 HDI Hatchback
    2007 C4 1.6 HDI EGS Sedan
    Peugeot Mi16 Series 2

Fellow Frogger!

I had a 2.2 and went to a 2 litre.Other than looks ,which is subjective, and a slight edge in seat comfort the 2 litre is a far superior car in just about every way.While the recalibrated 5sp in the 2.2 was much better than the same G/B in a V6 ,the nissan 6 sp in the 2.2 would eat it.

Great,ecomony,reliable and with some hesitation off the mark,I am sorry I sold mine.The hatch was so useful.
    Really good buying in my opinion.

Peter.
    Current 2015 Clio Sport RS200 ND MX5, prev Megane Gt Line diesel hatch,Laguna 111 diesel, Lag 11 diesel,lag 11 V6,clio x2 ,Megane sedan;R10'and 12's x heaps.

Peter, did you mean"the Nissan 6spd in the 2.0 would eat it" not the 2.2.
    Peugeot Mi16 Series 2

Fellow Frogger!

Yes Sorry,only one way to make a mistake and i did it!! The 2.0 had agreat, smooth shifting and intuitive box, changes down as you brake and hols gears in the hiils.So good I hardly ever used the manual overide.

Peter.
    Current 2015 Clio Sport RS200 ND MX5, prev Megane Gt Line diesel hatch,Laguna 111 diesel, Lag 11 diesel,lag 11 V6,clio x2 ,Megane sedan;R10'and 12's x heaps.

Quote Originally Posted by pclio View Post
    Yes Sorry,only one way to make a mistake and i did it!! The 2.0 had agreat, smooth shifting and intuitive box, changes down as you brake and hols gears in the hiils.So good I hardly ever used the manual overide.

Peter.
    Ah! do I detect a senior moment?

I took Peter's advise after having driven his Lag 2 - about to clock up 90k on a diesel auto Lag 3 - economical and a great 6 spd auto - no issues to date. also more controlled in the suspension - Lag2 was much softer

Freddie

Freddie
    Thanks for your contribution. I had a haircut in Torquay the other day. Very friendly people. Male and female in small business.

I had a Lag 1 Expression which had fantastically comfortable ride. Best around no question except for my Citroen C5's. Right up there with Merc E series and BMW 5 series.

There is a wagon for sale in Vermont which you may have seen in carsales. It would have to be worst car preparation for sale you are ever likely to see. Amazing how it affects your perception. I think a thorough clean would have had me buy it.He's also had it sitting outside for a year. I think the price may be a grand or two over market. Loved the drive. My son wants a car with good rear leg room for his kids. Looks perfectly adequate to me.

Any further comments?

BTW, Torquay seems to be growing at a stupid pace. My friend's daughter lives in the older area in a street between the high rise holiday units and the town centre. Good spot.

Regardds
    Don Willing
    Peugeot Mi16 Series 2

Fellow Frogger!

Don,did my PM before reading this,so disregard comments re vueing that wagon!

Peter.

IWS

Don,

These are great cars! I have a 2008 model of the same wagon. The diesel engine is very smooth (you very quickly get used to the slight hesitation on take off) and as Peter has said, the 6 speed gearbox is very smooth and intuitive - both up and down. It has a "manual" function but I very very rarely use that - even when driving on steep windy roads. Excellent fuel economy - around town and crusing.

My Laguna replaced a Xantia wagon and I just love the Laguna. Hope it goes on for ever as I have no wish to replace it.

The one you are looking at - owner wants $12,800 for it, correct? That is too high - relative to the market. It is is true that they sold as new in the $40's! However, they very quickly dropped in value.

I think this car is well worth looking at - and look beyond the current (non) cleanliness of the car. There will be a limited market for a car like this so make an offer at a realistic price (point him to the valuation on Drive.com.au $9,200 tops) and wait it out.

Happy to talk more if that is useful - if so send me a PM.

Ian.

Thread Information