Special Tool B.Vi 377
  • Register
  • Help
    1000+ Posts

Icon5 Special Tool B.Vi 377

Howdy Cowdies

Anyone know where I can pick up the special tool for the diff bearing carrier nuts on the side of the R12 etc. gearbox? Last gearbox job I had to borrow one, but I don't like my chances this time...

Mind you, can't see them being easy to buy! But it's a bugger of a job without this tool. Almost impossible on some boxes without destroying the nut.

Stuey

Advertisement

Go to Autoparis. Tell them Simon sent you.
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

1000+ Posts

OK. I did that, and walked away like this . Why would that have been?

a) Simon had a B.Vi 377
    b) Simon lends tool to me
    c) Paul borrows tool on the understanding that it is to be returned, and it is not mine to lend.
    d) After many attempts to retrieve tool, we are informed that it has been the victim of some sort of welding/tool modification experiment
    e) Now we no longer have a B.Vi 377 and my 365-34 has some broken adjuster teeth

(Sorry if this upsets you Paul, but the question was asked...)
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

COL

Hi Stuey

I made one out of a large washer and a bit of pipe. Had to spend a bit of time tho cutting all the slots in the washer with a hacksaw. Its crude looking but works fine without breaking any teeth off of the nuts.

Regards Col

Quote Originally Posted by Europa
    a) Simon had a B.Vi 377
    b) Simon lends tool to me
    Sounds like a nursery rhyme, Simon had a B.Vi 377, its sheen as black as new.....

ooops sorry,

But no I still haven't learnt my lesson from that episode. Just a good thing that the new driveshaft seals are better than the old ones now, back to the old crossed screwdrivers again for me......

Thread Information