Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By jujuleterrible
  • 1 Post By jujuleterrible
  • 1 Post By schlitzaugen

Thread: Hi from France -- New renault Twingo III 0.9L TCE 90HP

Icon14 Hi from France -- New renault Twingo III 0.9L TCE 90HP

Hello everyone

sorry for my poor English

since 2006 that I had not posted on this forum !!!
    I lived in Montauban near Toulouse and now we live in Paris

in 2006 I presented my citrioen xsara hdi and my citroen xsarapicasso hdi (the subject still exists but the photos are lost ....), now i drive a Toyota Prius II.

Anyway since, I have had lots of cars but we are focusing on French cars only!

It had a Citroen C2 1.4i sensodrive75ch, Citroen C1 1.0 65hp, Renault Twingo II 1.5 dci 65ch (diesel), Renault Megane II 1.5dci 105ch (diesel), renault scenic 1.5 dci 105ch (diesel, and I broke the engine on this sh*t...)...

I finally sold my daily driver , my Peugeot 106 1.4 quiksilver 75ch
    and now since last month, we bought for my wife the brand new Renault Twingo III

--> full equiped, withe the most powerfull petrol engine --> 0.9L TCE (turbocharged) : 90HP and RWD

some photos during the delivery:

Advertisement

it's very funny to drive, and the turbo work well

This topic is not only for the car, if you have any question about other french cars or about France its ok

I hope i will come back in Australia with my children one day, my sister lives in Melbourne, I love this city
    lozenge, danielsydney and jaahn like this.

That thing needs a XU9 engine. Good looking and sounds like fun, but it‘s a heck of a lot of dinero for what it is.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

somewhere! Pilbara, Bowen Basin, Melbourne?

So how much is it? In euro's € not dineros
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

The price for a new one is about 17000€ with all the equipments, and 18000€ with the automatic dual clutch gearbox, it' crazy......!!!!

Our's is "only" 11000€ - - > year 2014 and only 5000km

It's the same chassis /engine of the smart forfour. The engine is in the back

XU are "solid" but old and the petrol consumption to drive in Paris is not cool..... The price of the petrol is not like in australia - - > 1,25€/L against 1,05€/L for the diesel.

1000+ Posts

Man-o-man. 90hp? out of 900cc. Should go well in a 4CV. Thanks for the information. The English is just fine better than my nil French.

Quote Originally Posted by jujuleterrible View Post
    The price for a new one is about 17000€ with all the equipments, and 18000€ with the automatic dual clutch gearbox, it' crazy......!!!!

Our's is "only" 11000€ - - > year 2014 and only 5000km

It's the same chassis /engine of the smart forfour. The engine is in the back

XU are "solid" but old and the petrol consumption to drive in Paris is not cool..... The price of the petrol is not like in australia - - > 1,25€/L against 1,05€/L for the diesel.

Not really. In Oz, petrol is just about the same real-value price (as opposed to exchange rate based conversion).

18k Euro is about 23k AUD or so. That‘s a lot of dinero for 900cc in a shoebox. I am sure you can get a V8 Crapamadore for that. Or five.
    Yeah, but the XU9 engine has the advantage of being usually attached to a car that‘s 25 years (or more) old, hence a lot cheaper. The difference can buy a lot of petrol to fang it about. That‘s a lot more fun.

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Mentality are very different in France, nobody drives a V8 here.....

99% of the cars are diesel powered ! (1,6 or 2.0 with 150hp maximum, you will find some V6 diesel - - > 200ch, but no more....)
    People only take attention to the price at the gas station!!!!!
    Even if it is only to make 5km/day, they will buy a diesel......
    And 90% are manual. Automatic gearbox is coming but people prefer manual.
    Slowly it's changing and petrol is becoming at the first plan.
    In France you will find a lot of speed radars...... So, drive a V8 - - > you loose your driving licence in 1 day!!!
    And I don't speak about taxes, insurance, etc.....

We have also every 2years a "technical control", it's very hard to pass if your car is old, and it's easier to buy a new car when you give an old. And 99% of XU motors are diesel......

But back to the topic at hand, rear engine, rwd, 90hp.. Do they come with 2 doors? :p

Works: 2003 YV Commodore (That is Cecil to you)
    Playing: R12, SuperPos, thinks It's a race car and Sunny the R12 Lego set.
    Previous: SuperGrumpy fuel spitting 504ti(ish), SuperComfortable 505 STI, SuperDoper carried my groceries Mi16, Choo Choo'd Volvo S40
    Wanted Will hoard 12/15/17 Junk.

"More and more of less and less" - Marina Abramović

You can buy the smart roadster if that‘s what you want. I understand they share the underpinnings.

Only the smart for two has 2 doors...... And two seats.

A GT version (Brabus for smart) will arrive later, maybe 110hp.
    And a hybrid or electric version will arrive too.
    Dano likes this.

Twingo III vs the original 4ch --> Renault Twingo vs 4 CV 1946 : héritage Renault - Vidéo 2015

some videos of the Twingo III:

https://youtu.be/gbE0JNNxX0c

https://youtu.be/1nD4VydzlnM

Acceleration with the dual clutch gearbox:
    https://youtu.be/U6Nri8ZsBAA

now some photos:

Hi from France -- New renault Twingo III 0.9L TCE 90HP-78730fb6a7.jpgHi from France -- New renault Twingo III 0.9L TCE 90HP-dc51446b8d.jpgHi from France -- New renault Twingo III 0.9L TCE 90HP-e1584ff277.jpgHi from France -- New renault Twingo III 0.9L TCE 90HP-fab8ef662f.jpg

the original concept of the Twingo III:

Hi from France -- New renault Twingo III 0.9L TCE 90HP-10308-concept-renault-twin-run-twingo-3-madrid-01.jpgHi from France -- New renault Twingo III 0.9L TCE 90HP-10308-concept-renault-twin-run-twingo-3-madrid-02.jpg

and the future Twingo RS, have a look to the rear wings:

Hi from France -- New renault Twingo III 0.9L TCE 90HP-4fe28432f3.jpgHi from France -- New renault Twingo III 0.9L TCE 90HP-e9641a12bd.jpg

Ah what fun.

Works: 2003 YV Commodore (That is Cecil to you)
    Playing: R12, SuperPos, thinks It's a race car and Sunny the R12 Lego set.
    Previous: SuperGrumpy fuel spitting 504ti(ish), SuperComfortable 505 STI, SuperDoper carried my groceries Mi16, Choo Choo'd Volvo S40
    Wanted Will hoard 12/15/17 Junk.

"More and more of less and less" - Marina Abramović

1000+ Posts

Bonjour Jujule ,

I was in Paris over the New Year period this year, and spotted a lovely Twingo III, see photo. Taken on Rue St. Honore just up from our hotel.

I remember thinking it was the perfect car for Paris. I loved it! The build quality looked superb.

Cheers

Stuey

Hi from France -- New renault Twingo III 0.9L TCE 90HP-twingo.jpg

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

one year that I did not go through here

some news !!!!

The Twingo is dead...... someone crashed into the back of the car at 70km/h while we were stopped in the traffic congestion.....
    more than 10000€ for the repair.....so the insurance repay us.
    --> The engine is at the back so lot of parts were dead (turbo, exhaust, etc.....)

Then we buy a clio IV 0.9 tce 90ch (full options too), whith glassroof , very rare !!!!!
    and.......a truck crashed into the car on the speedway........more than 6000€ for the repair with the insurance.
    And last christmass, we come back from the Holiday and we found the clio Brocken in our garage..... someone attempt to stole the car and made lot of damages.........

End of the story, the clio has been exchanged whith a Honda Civic 1.8 140ch vtec !!!

now we have 2 japanese car.
    Suis-je le seul français du forum ?

That really is a lot of bad news. At least you are still around to tell us all what happened, so the cars obviously did their job of looking after you. Hoping you have better luck, and just as much enjoyment, with the Honda!
    1963 Renault R4 Van
    1964 Renault R4
    1967 Volkswagen 1300 Deluxe
    1969 Renault 8 Gordini 1300
    2002 Land Rover Defender Td5 130 - ex-CFA Region 4
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup

1000+ Posts

The most interesting version of the Twingo 3 is the GT but, as testers aver, it is no mini-Porsche (or reborn R8G). Although improved from the normale ones, the steering remains lifeless & the stability control interventions intrusive upon enjoyment.

Curiously, the Brabus Smart seems better concerning ESC settings & the ForTwo seems better than the ForFour (probably wheelbase related).

Still, the whole thing is a damp squib & a huge disappointment to those of us who had high hopes that the normale's dynamic stodginess would be fixed with the RenaultSport crafted GT.

Sigh! Peter

yes, the security was OK

The Honda its an other world !!!!! and it is reliable in contrary of Renault

Oui, je pense que vous etres le seul francais du forum.
    Currently:
    06 Peugeot 307 HDI Wagon
    61 Renault 4CV Gordini (Kermit)

A case of shouldaboughtahonda relapse?

Still, you have to wonder how can people not miss a fluoro yellow bug like that on the road?

A case of shouldaboughtahonda relapse?
    No, just need a reliable car
    Just tired to go every month to the garage, all the time a thing that does not work on the renault, even when they are new ......

Still, you have to wonder how can people not miss a fluoro yellow bug like that on the road?
    The clio was discreet too Hi from France -- New renault Twingo III 0.9L TCE 90HP-055af946b2.jpg

very sad news! incredible really, best wishes for better luck in the future.
    the rear-engine Twingo seems pretty delightful to me, a pity they're not
    available here.

Quote Originally Posted by jujuleterrible View Post
    No, just need a reliable car
    Just tired to go every month to the garage, all the time a thing that does not work on the renault, even when they are new ......

The clio was discreet too Click image for larger version. 

Name:	055af946b2.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	73.7 KB 
ID:	95564
    Ha.

Should have tried a Dacia Logan by Renault. I drove one for a few months around Europe without a hitch.

But you definitely need wider roads.

I went to Paris in a rental Megane couldn't park it even in the hotel underground parking around a corner and a concrete pillar. Had to reverse it in all the way to the end with millimetres to spare on both sides and the front was still sticking out. Left it there for a few days when I found parking in city was only available in roundabouts and across pedestrian crossings.
    DanielBendigo likes this.

1000+ Posts

The first comparative test I've seen featuring the Twingo GT.

Renault Twingo GT vs Volkswagen up! vs Smart ForTwo Brabus | Auto Express

1000+ Posts

And in the 6/7 May Weekend Australian, Jeremy Clarkson gives the GT 4 stars (/5). He liked it that it was a city car which had enough grunt to be usable on the open road. This despite admitted (remorseless) understeer & feel-less steering. I don't concur with his priorities but . . ..

cheers! Peter

Thread Information